By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's your favourite thing about Nintendo games?

Favourite Major Nintendo Franchise

Mario (Donkey Kong,Wario,Yoshi) 27 20.93%

The Legend of Zelda 60 46.51%

Metroid 9 6.98%

Pokémon 15 11.63%

Kirby 1 0.78%

Star Fox 2 1.55%

Pikmin 6 4.65%

Animal Crossing 1 0.78%

F-Zero 3 2.33%

Other 5 3.88%

Total:129
spemanig said:
Polish.

No, silly. They're Japanese. ;)

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network
Mythmaker1 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Mythmaker1 said:
They're fun. Pure and unadulterated. There are exceptions, particularly in the Zelda series, but by and large, the games are all about fun.

The emphasis on fun is unique, and definitely my favorite thing about Nintendo. And it's also my least favorite thing about Nintendo.

Zelda is not fun now?

See bolded.

Oh, it sounded as if you singled out Zelda as not being fun.

Magic.

They usually hit the nail on the head with their decisions. I don't even like MArio Galaxy but I can recognise that it has all the parts that make a 3D Platformers great.

Quality - When Nintendo puts aside the money and time to make a game, it's often great. Especially the JRPG's. Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, XenoBlade and Super Mario RPG are among the best RPG's ever made. Advance Wars is the best stratefy game I ever played and well.....you get the idea

Consistancy - No other 20+ year old company still makes quality games like Nintendo. Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Fire Emblem Awakening, Skyward Sword....these are all 20+ year old franchises and still fresh.

---

Sure Squaresoft used to make better games before they merged with Enix, but now.....they aren't known for consistant quality. Maybe a one off like Bravely Default, but.....

That said there are only 5 or 6 Wii games which I'm super proud of owning, but they made the Wii all the worthwhile. Looking forward to owning a WiiU for XenoBlade Chronicles X, The Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart 8 and eventually a few more. Even with just such few 

---

As for the vote, I voted other because I typically like the niche JRPG's

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:

Oh, it sounded as if you singled out Zelda as not being fun.

I can see where that would cause confusion. I didn't word that very well. :P

Really, besides maybe Metroid (which I'm not terribly interested in but have heard good things) Zelda is the only franchise from Nintendo I'm consistently interested in...despite recent entries. They aren't usually the deepest games in the world, but there's some quality craftsmanship to their depth.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Metallox said:

Why? :(

After replaying it and a bunch of other games, it is now beaten by other games. Pikmin 2 was my first true experience with the IP and I loved the concept. Later on, I played Pikmin (1) and recently Pikmin 3.

While Pikmin 2 is still great, both Pikmin (1) & Pikmin 3 are better.

Playing the caves now feel a bit repetitive. 

METROID. Everything about the series: soundtrack, setting, heroes, emotion, weaponry, villains is always top notch, even on the rare occasion when gameplay might be a bit lacking.  Also, Nintendo does not fall into the "release incomplete products and then fix them later if they sell well and split everything we can into DLC to exploit fans" mentality. Those points being said there are also things I hate about Nintendo.

For me it's their level design especially 2D and 3D Mario levels and Zelda dungeons