By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon best sellers still shows the X1 selling poorly

Azerth 4 hours ago

Why buy something online when you can just go to a store and pick it up

why do that when ppl can deliver it to your front door,,,and not everyone lives around the corner from a store that sells consoles

Around the Network

People still denying that amazon is right. LOL

Every month PS4 > Xone on Amazon and every month PS4 > Xone on NPD....

gooch_destroyer said:
TheFallen said:
Where's the X1 Chalkboard? PS3 owners were put through that from 06-09 . What will save the X1 next?

Few of them need to crossed off already. Also, the lack of secret sauce and the cloud is disturbing.

As I have predicted, the Xbone only received a very slight and modest bump after E3.

This generation is SONY's. Microsoft and nintendo will fight for last place.

Excellent job, SONY. I am currently writing an analysis report on each company's performance and I have nothing but great things to say about the playstation division.

Microsoft should consider canning the Xbone before it's too late. Announce the Xbox TWO in 2015 and cut support for the Xbone.
Place a 3.0+ TF GPU with 12 GB GDDR5 RAM and a much beefier CPU.
Bundle every Xbox TWO with Halo 5. 

$349 pricetag.

Well Amazon has predicted the relative positions of PS4 and Xb one in NPD more accurately than VGC. So while you can't guess absolute numbers from Amazon if Amazon is consistently showing PS4 ahead of Xb one then it is likely NPD for June will too. But what were the Amazon rankings immediately after Kinectless? That would have some bearing on potential NPD positions. But still Kinectless being outside the top 20 doesn't suggest significant sales momentum.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

While I do not think Amazon is the END all as far as sales go it is indeed a decent indicator of SOME sales with it being the largest online retailer. I am one of the people that felt that the XB1 is going to sell the most systems in the June NPD but we will see how that turns out.

There are a lot of interesting arguments going on with DeadBigFoot though! And some valid points being made on both sides. While I do feel there are many factors that can dictate sales somethings can't just be ignored. I will say DeadBigFoot you have some very valid points but they have been countered quite well and with good reasoning as well.

That doesn't mean your point is not good but the counter arguments that have been made actually make a lot of sense. Anyway time will tell how things pan out none the less! I hope the XB1 sales pick up soon enough though.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
While I do not think Amazon is the END all as far as sales go it is indeed a decent indicator of SOME sales with it being the largest online retailer. I am one of the people that felt that the XB1 is going to sell the most systems in the June NPD but we will see how that turns out.

There are a lot of interesting arguments going on with DeadBigFoot though! And some valid points being made on both sides. While I do feel there are many factors that can dictate sales somethings can't just be ignored. I will say DeadBigFoot you have some very valid points but they have been countered quite well and with good reasoning as well.

That doesn't mean your point is not good but the counter arguments that have been made actually make a lot of sense. Anyway time will tell how things pan out none the less! I hope the XB1 sales pick up soon enough though.

DeadBigFoot did bring up some valid points. It was nice to have a good debate with him.

SWORDF1SH said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

DeadBigFoot did bring up some valid points. It was nice to have a good debate with him.

Good debates are always welcome if you ask me.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Why the surprise ?

Its not an actual price cut, you get less for less money. Also Ms selling the kinect 2.0 for $199 for PC does not allude to a 100 less for a K less X1 is all that a uber deal. I don't get how they make these mistakes.

At 399 its still going up against a superior product, while easily enough a smart consumer will also quickly find out X1 for 399 is missing some features Ps4 has that MS charges you an extra 50 for.

kitler53 said:

amazon isn't really the greatest indicator but if you are going to do it you've got to use the longer time periods.  the hourly charts are just too volitile.

Bestsellars for June:

ps4 at #7

xbox one with titanfall at #48

wiiU with mario and lugi at #61

xbox one (the $399 version) at #69

ps4 destiny bundle not in the top 100

An Update for June:

PS4 at 9

Destiny + PS4 Bundle at 20

Titanfall + Xbox One Bundle at 47

$399 X1 at 52

PSTV at 56

What do you think of the numbers after a few days?

I'm surprised that PSTV, newly announced hardware, isn't far behind the $399 that was announced over a month ago. Not sure if June includes Mays preorders but after checking May, the 399X1 doesn't appear in the top 100. Is the $399 X1 really having any impact at all.