By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon best sellers still shows the X1 selling poorly

SWORDF1SH said:

An Update for June:

PS4 at 9

Destiny + PS4 Bundle at 20

Titanfall + Xbox One Bundle at 47

$399 X1 at 52

PSTV at 56

What do you think of the numbers after a few days?

I'm surprised that PSTV, newly announced hardware, isn't far behind the $399 that was announced over a month ago. Not sure if June includes Mays preorders but after checking May, the 399X1 doesn't appear in the top 100. Is the $399 X1 really having any impact at all.

the charts get updates at the time of checkout i believe for pre-orders.  aka, pstv is in this list even though it doesn't launch until, well i don't really know when it launches.  so the $399 xbone is for purchases made within the month of june, not may.  it was never high on the hourly bestsellars in may though so those pre-orders probably don't account for all that much.

and holy fuck at playstation TV.  not that 56 is a great position but that is much stronger interest than i would have expected.  it's still in the 15th slot on the hourly too so ordering continues even though the announcement was days ago.   maybe vita has a chance now.   ...i mean developers would have to ignore all of vita's special features like touch and gyros but eh, basic games are better than no games.

with respect to xbox.  last month with 1 sku it held the 39th position.  now with two skus it holds the 47th and 52nd position.  might imply that the kinectless sku is eating sales from the titanfall bundle.   the overall sales really might not see any boost if sales are just trading one sku for another.

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
Soonerman said:
I am a big Amazon user for purchases but I for once, have never bought a console or videogame for that matter on Amazon. The only reason I would buy on Amazon is if they had an exclusive deal or if an item is cheaper than in retail. Why do people still obsess with Amazon as the "strong source of sales"?!?! Last I heard the average customer does not buy everything on it.

Same here. The average person just walks to stores and never even visits the internet. It's like people think we're living in a sci-fi movie

Got any statistics to back up this claim? Cuz that would be a start.

kitler53 said:

the charts get updates at the time of checkout i believe for pre-orders.  aka, pstv is in this list even though it doesn't launch until, well i don't really know when it launches.  so the $399 xbone is for purchases made within the month of june, not may.  it was never high on the hourly bestsellars in may though so those pre-orders probably don't account for all that much.

and holy fuck at playstation TV.  not that 56 is a great position but that is much stronger interest than i would have expected.  it's still in the 15th slot on the hourly too so ordering continues even though the announcement was days ago.   maybe vita has a chance now.   ...i mean developers would have to ignore all of vita's special features like touch and gyros but eh, basic games are better than no games.

with respect to xbox.  last month with 1 sku it held the 39th position.  now with two skus it holds the 47th and 52nd position.  might imply that the kinectless sku is eating sales from the titanfall bundle.   the overall sales really might not see any boost if sales are just trading one sku for another.

I feel so stupid now. Why did I ask the pre-order question when the answer was staring me in the face. Thanks for pointing out the obvious for me. I blame being tired lol.

I can't believe PSTV sales are that strong too. I mean it's a great bit of kit but it seems like everything that Sony touches turn to gold at the moment. A vast improvement from last gen.

I'm not sure if 2 SKUs at 47th and 52nd means more or less sales than a console at 39th but I guess there will be a slight boost from the previous month

Why are you not including the Wii U?

think-man said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
You are really comparing a console by itself against a console that is bundled with a game that is getting hyped like crazy?

Fail!

The console will do better once more games roll out. Like this holiday with some exclusive games.

It's not a fail, look PS4 stand alone is 7th.

He's not interested in a real argument.  I wouldn't bother.

Around the Network

Amazon isn't indicticative of an entire countries buying habits.

tinfamous12 said:

No but it does show demand and interest, every month ps4 has been ahead on amazon, it has won NPD....why would retal habits differ greatly from amazon? They won't be unless you think only xbox owners buy consoels in stores lol. Ps4 is also ahead on gamestops and other lists.

tinfamous12 said:

Which parts of the country don't have access to Amazon?

kitler53 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Not to sound like an ***, but it has to stay in the top (has plentyof time). In japan Vita TV stayed inthe top 20 and sold out many times there yet it does 1.5k a week.

But i do strongly believe it'll do much better here, waiting to see if NPD will put the sales together too (with vita)

whatever said:
tinfamous12 said:

Which parts of the country don't have access to Amazon?

the south.