By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LINK IS A GIRL? - The Legend of Zelda U

Can anyone nab that symbol on the back of the character's cloak?

Around the Network

Can't wait for all the fan fiction.....

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

BasilZero said:
We're gonna be seeing threads like this until the game's release arent we?

unfortunately, yes.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

burninmylight said:

I think the ponytail is more telling than a split second voice clip that could of came from another character on screen.

EDIT: could've

Reminds me of Jack's (Tom Cruise's character) in Legend. He has a little ponytail very similar to it. Incidentally, people have said Link's design was inspired by him, though I think that was later refuted by the developers.

OP - I think it can go either way. Link has had a feminity to him for a while now, but the shadowing in the chest area when the character is about to shoot the bow kind of looks like a flat chested girl's breasts, not pecs (which Link never really has had anyway). Who knows?

Twink Link please?

Around the Network

I really think this could be Link's sister honestly. My bets on that.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

sundin13 said:
darkknightkryta said:
You can tell in "her" eyes after she lets go of the bow. I personally hope it's Zelda. I think it's time she got off her ass and started helping (Except that one time in Twilight Princess)

And OoT, SS and WW...Zelda is actually pretty useful when you boil it all down

She did jack all in both Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword.  Ocarina of Time: Hey Link, learn this song, it'll help you get into temples to get stuff you don't need.  In Skyward Sword: Hey Link, I'm running around learning songs to... resurrect Gannon (Whatever his first form was called).  Didn't finish Wind Waker to comment.

darkknightkryta said:
sundin13 said:
darkknightkryta said:
You can tell in "her" eyes after she lets go of the bow. I personally hope it's Zelda. I think it's time she got off her ass and started helping (Except that one time in Twilight Princess)

She did jack all in both Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword.  Ocarina of Time: Hey Link, learn this song, it'll help you get into temples to get stuff you don't need.  In Skyward Sword: Hey Link, I'm running around learning songs to... resurrect Gannon (Whatever his first form was called).  Didn't finish Wind Waker to comment.

Wow, did you play Skyward Sword or Ocarina either?

darkknightkryta said:
sundin13 said:
darkknightkryta said:

Ocarina of time: Hey Link, here are some songs that will make your life so easy and you can travel all across hyrule with a blink of an eye. Link I'll hold Ganon down while you deliver the final strike. Link I'll use the sages power to seal Ganon

Skyward Sword: Hey Link I'm going to strengthen the seal so Demise doesn't come back.

Wind Waker: Hey Link, Ganon got your arm? I'll get you out of there!

I don't think you've played these games...

darkknightkryta said:
sundin13 said:
darkknightkryta said:

Zelda does a bunch of stuff in all of those games...

In Ocarina of Time she helped you out tons of times giving you information, guidance and teaching you songs and being a general badass.
In Skyward Sword she went on her own parallel quest to seal away Demise.
In Wind Waker she did cool spoiler stuff.

Obviously she isn't the main hero of the story which seems to be the only thing that would please you (because (spoiler) that is you/Link)....You can say what you want, but compared to most "damsel in distress" characters, she does a lot of stuff...saying she is useless or saying she did "jack all" is misrepresenting her character.