By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - i feel sorry for sony and microsoft

It was the only one I planned not to watch so I do not see how it applies to people who do not think Nintendo can win without having the same multiplats as the other two have. Anyways, winning E3 is an opinion that hardly ever changes the game industry.

Around the Network

I feel sorry for Microsoft and Nintendo with Sony conference it clear that Playstation 4 will remain to best selling consoles

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

So...what's the Fall lineup?
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Toad something
Mario Party 10
Smash Bros 4
Did I miss anything?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

A hallow victory for sure as has been pointed out but Sony's conference was just boring. I'd rather play Yoshi than LBP3.

VanceIX said:
Sony and Microsoft did fine, they were solid overall.

Nintendo just killed it this year.

Agreed. MS had to show that conference. They had to apologize, and they had to show nothing but games. Sony had way to much to talk about, and the PS4 doing fine. They also had to show 3rd party support. Nintendo had nothing to lose, everything to gain, bunch of games in the pipeline.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
DerNebel said:
What? Nintendo dropped the ball imo.

dropped the ball? The show is not over

The Direct is over and I'm not watching that Treehouse thing. They showed some cool games, but almost everything was 2015. Last year they announced a big new holiday title, this year they announced that X would actually come 2015, like Yarn Yoshi or Zelda or Splatoon or the Mario Maker(I'm actually not sure about that, that could be 2014).

It was ok, not sure how Nintendo fans are claiming it was a great show. It was good, not great.

I was not impressed by any of the three conferences. Aside from the Halo Compilation and Halo V, MS showed nothing I wanted. Aside from PlayStation Now Open Beta on July 31 and No Man’s Sky (basically not a game and a non SONY game) SONY showed me nothing I really wanted.

Nintendo imo did even worse. Way less games, which did allow them a shorter overall conference (which the impatient ADD on this forum i'm sure loved). Showing games I don't want is not really what made it worse though. It's probably the final betrayal of Zelda.

Nintendo has not really made a good console Zelda since A Link to the Past. Since their movement into 3D I've been hoping for a solid open world Zelda game with the same sort of _feel_ as LTTP and my hopes have been dashed _every_ time.

Then they show this Zelda U game. At first i'm thinking, finally, this is it, the game I've been waiting for over 2 decades. Then they showed the action sequence. If this is the kind of crap that will happen in the game, I'll never buy a Wii U.

Don't feel sorry for SONY or MS. Feel sorry for the rest of 2014 and much of 2015. Across the spectrum there are just not going to be enough good new games.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Tagging thread so I can revisit when end of the year sales are over to see what exactly Nintendo brought..

I don't get how it was much better than Sony's and Microsoft's shows. They showed off games we'd already seen before, didn't show any gameplay for X or Zelda, spent more time than they needed to with the NFC thing (yet somehow failed to explain what the hell it's going to do on Smash) and didn't show anything new for 3DS. They announced about as many new games as Sony and MS did, but Sony and MS showed off more gameplay for games that were already announced but never shown before (Arkham Knight, MKX, AC Unity).