By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mod Chat Live Reactions: The last 15 Minutes of Sony's Conference

Tagged games:

Looks like it's time to join #VGCUnderground

I haven't even watched the conference yet (Shame! Shame!). But what's the consensus? (Don't spoil it too much!)

Around the Network

we should remove all these mods and appoint some unbiased members!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Smeags said:

Looks like it's time to join #VGCUnderground

I haven't even watched the conference yet (Shame! Shame!). But what's the consensus? (Don't spoil it too much!)

No Smeags! How could you! 

Consensus is there were highs and also lows. Good bits and bad bits. Probably could have done with being a good bit shorter, but nothing overly bad about it with some good reveals and trailers.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Euphoria14 said:
Normchacho said:
Thanks for the thread! Now I feel like I was there...With a bunch of people siting right behind me who wouldn't shut up through the whole thing.

Not sure of the point here...and why just the Sony one?

So they can say "PortStation", preemptively criticize the Sony fanbase (or anyone who wishes to talk about that Uncharted trailer) in regards to graphical discussions and let us all know how they didnt care much for the conference.

Now how does one go about stopping people from trash talking people who talk about Uncharted graphics or people who begin throwing out the term "PortStation?

I learned a lot about the mod staff today and how they view this community.

It's all just a bit of fun. It was like 3:40AM here when this was going on and it was a long day and a long conference. A lot of the comments were purely spontaneous and weren't done to offend nor to please anyone. It was just the musings of a bunch of people watching a lengthy, occasionally lacklustre conference. Nothing more.

Correct you are, however, that the other conferences had similar responses. And no doubt the Nintendo one will be much the same as well. As such you needn't think that we're just "insulting" or "degrading" a part of the site, that is catergorically false. Like I said at the start, it's all just a bit of fun.

It is common knowledge that parts of the community already have reservations about the mod team. They think they are too hard on some, too soft on others, favor certain companies, etc... However, since mod related talks and stuff usually stay behind closed doors none of that ever really comes to light. This snippet does the team no favors at all.

If you were really going to do this it should have at least seemed to not focus on one group, especially when it is fairly negative throughout, and not just about the conference but where they think this same groups fans will aim their discussions following the conference and even view that negatively. You should have used small snippets from all the conferences to give th community an idea of how you all felt throughout E3 day 1.

Best choice overall though would have been to just post nothing.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

kirby007 said:
we should remove all these mods and appoint some unbiased members!

Good try but that isn't the point of my posts. Not even close. Everyone knows that people are biased.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

That was quite a humorous read...interesting to know you guys' uncensored reactions :P

Have to agree with Euphoria here.

This just seems like flaming and using the fact that it was in mod chat to justify it. I have no problem with what was said, but I really question the motives of the mod who posted it and the mods who agreed to posting it, especially considering the segment was taken from the worst 15 minutes of the PS conference only.

Euphoria talking sense as usual

You guys using VGC IM?

Who's the asshole that bad mouthed Big Boss's ponytail?