By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mod Chat Live Reactions: The last 15 Minutes of Sony's Conference

Tagged games:

brendude13 said:

Have to agree with Euphoria here.

This just seems like flaming and using the fact that it was in mod chat to justify it. I have no problem with what was said, but I really question the motives of the mod who posted it and the mods who agreed to posting it, especially considering the segment was taken from the worst 15 minutes of the PS conference only.

Just to clarify, this isn't technically in mod chat, but as it says the "General VGC Chat". The mod chat is always, always much more formal and active as we discuss the reports, posts and moderation. This chat room is more the one where we talk about just general games and announcements. They're not the same and the views of one do in no way reflect the views of the other.

But yes, this informal chat isn't normal or representative of what the mod team thinks or how seriously we take moderation on this site in any way shape or form. All conferences had similar responses so we're not "flaming" or anything, it's just the live thoughts we had when the conference was on, nothing more and nothing less. Apologies for any confusion or if it doesn't look like that; it's not the case at all.

Also note that I don't believe anyone disliked the Sony conference, it was all mostly positive but there's a lot of sarcasm flying around. Once again, other conferences were the same or worse *cough*EA*cough* so there's no "bias" here.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Wow, whoever Keith Moon really is, you need to get his ass off the moderation team. Mod's are meant to remain objective in order to do their "work", when he/she is clearly a rabid fan-boy.

RolStoppable said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Yep all people here knows but seems weird why Khan posted this, this looks like a bait thread IMO.

Some of the mods really enjoy banning people. If the community is too well-behaved, then a correctly timed push (however dirty it is) is a means to that end.

I would enjoy if I could... I would be a freaking rampage, I'm telling you :)
When Mr. Khan bans me, I'm not pissed but jealous like hell.

Conegamer said:
brendude13 said:

This just seems like flaming and using the fact that it was in mod chat to justify it. I have no problem with what was said, but I really question the motives of the mod who posted it and the mods who agreed to posting it, especially considering the segment was taken from the worst 15 minutes of the PS conference only.

Just to clarify, this isn't technically in mod chat, but as it says the "General VGC Chat". The mod chat is always, always much more formal and active as we discuss the reports, posts and moderation. This chat room is more the one where we talk about just general games and announcements. They're not the same and the views of one do in no way reflect the views of the other.

But yes, this informal chat isn't normal or representative of what the mod team thinks or how seriously we take moderation on this site in any way shape or form. All conferences had similar responses so we're not "flaming" or anything, it's just the live thoughts we had when the conference was on, nothing more and nothing less. Apologies for any confusion or if it doesn't look like that; it's not the case at all.

Also note that I don't believe anyone disliked the Sony conference, it was all mostly positive but there's a lot of sarcasm flying around. Once again, other conferences were the same or worse *cough*EA*cough* so there's no "bias" here.

Formality wasn't really my point, it was just that the chat was moderators only.

I really don't care what mod said what in the chat, it was (supposed to be) a closed chat and I'm sure you guys know eachother well enough to say pretty much whatever you want to eachother.

My only issue is the fact that is was posted on here in the first place, and how that behaviour will be percieved by VGC as a whole. It wasn't really funny and there was no real punchline, they were just comments that - some of which - would most likely have been moderated here on VGC, directed at only a single fanbase. It really makes me question why it was posted and how anybody thought it would be a good idea. Didn't anybody foresee Sony fans being disgruntled (and rightly so) because of the moderators appearing biased? Didn't anybody foresee those who shitpost Sony and its fans being encouraged by a thread like this?

Well I can confirm that I didn't take part during Sony's conference as it was too late in Europe.

However I told everyone that Sony's gonna show just as many multiplat games as MS did, but they didn't believe me :P.
Still I'm pretty sure Sony beat at least Ubisoft and EA, who both had terrible conferences.

Around the Network

The two things i found very amusing and true are

= Portstation
=so another in engine offline render that people are going to use for graphics superiority discussions for years to come

Great conference (sans TV), many neat looking games (not my genre, but a man can appreciate cool looking things without liking them), but damn I hate hearing about how great some graphics are when being shown a CGI trailer or some still photo that has been doctored to shit.

As for Portstation, that can apply to pretty much all consoles, not just Sony, but fits their name better, lol.

RolStoppable said:
irstupid said:
The two things i found very amusing and true are

= Portstation
=so another in engine offline render that people are going to use for graphics superiority discussions for years to come

Great conference (sans TV), many neat looking games (not my genre, but a man can appreciate cool looking things without liking them), but damn I hate hearing about how great some graphics are when being shown a CGI trailer or some still photo that has been doctored to shit.

As for Portstation, that can apply to pretty much all consoles, not just Sony, but fits their name better, lol.

It's actually RePlayStation, but the mods are poor at trolling.

Ha, took me a while to get what you said. I kept reading it as RePortStation.  But ha good one. 
You have Replay, and Playstation joined.  

brendude13 said:

Last 15 were actually pretty good: Batman, GTAV, Uncharted 4 (which was disappointing only in the fact that it lacked gameplay). The stuff in the middle, especially "Powers" was much more accusatory.

In addendum, Batman actually got one of the best receptions out of Sony's conference. That and Bloodborne (aside from some riffing on confusion of what the name was). LBP3, now... (though that was due to the incompetence of the folks playing. I liked how Oddsock seemed to play, anyway).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Last 15 were actually pretty good: Batman, GTAV, Uncharted 4 (which was disappointing only in the fact that it lacked gameplay). The stuff in the middle, especially "Powers" was much more accusatory.

I might have had to ban myself if you posted that part.

To say I was unhappy is an understatement.

The music did relate to the video imo. Atmosphere wise. I wanted to make a comment on how incredibly misplaced the atrocious nirvana cover is on last of us and then Mike Oldfields Nuclear is used in a beautiful way.

People dig that 'something in the way' cover?