By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mod Chat Live Reactions: The last 15 Minutes of Sony's Conference

Tagged games:

Fusioncode said:
And you posted this why?

How can you not be excited by such an interesting thread?

Around the Network

Thanks for the thread! Now I feel like I was there...With a bunch of people siting right behind me who wouldn't shut up through the whole thing.

Not sure of the point here...and why just the Sony one?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

weak i expected more boobtalk you guys

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Normchacho said:
Thanks for the thread! Now I feel like I was there...With a bunch of people siting right behind me who wouldn't shut up through the whole thing.

Well I suppose we could post the Sony one, but it's waaaaaaay back now and people don't particularly seem to enjoy this one

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I do love mod chat during press conferences.

And yes, we are this sarcastic and irritable during every press conference.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Normchacho said:

So they can say "PortStation", preemptively criticize the Sony fanbase (or anyone who wishes to talk about that Uncharted trailer) in regards to graphical discussions and let us all know how they didnt care much for the conference.

Now how does one go about stopping people from trash talking people who talk about Uncharted graphics or people who begin throwing out the term "PortStation?

I learned a lot about the mod staff today and how they view this community.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Normchacho said:

So they can say "PortStation", preemptively criticize the Sony fanbase (or anyone who wishes to talk about that Uncharted trailer) in regards to graphical discussions and let us all know how they didnt care much for the conference.

Now how does one go about stopping people from trash talking people who talk about Uncharted graphics or people who begin throwing out the term "PortStation?

A bit dramatic? It was fun to read and I'm glad they posted that...

I'm pretty sure they got the same kind of funny comments about MS show or during the EA/Ubisoft ones!
By the way, I really need to repeat that, Rainbow Six: Siege. omg this is going to be really fun...

Imaginedvl said:
Euphoria14 said:
Normchacho said:

A bit dramatic? It was fun to read and I'm glad they posted that...

I'm pretty sure they got the same kind of funny comments about MS show or during the EA/Ubisoft ones!
By the way, I really need to repeat that, Rainbow Six: Siege. omg this is going to be really fun...

Not at all. As a moderation staff they should be holding themselves to a higher standard than what is normally seen on the forums.

Not going to speak about it anymore behind that. I am just a bit underwhelmed at who we have on board in charge of attempting to better the discussions we see on a normal basis around here.

My apologies for expecting better and I would say the same if this is were a snippet from the MS and/or Nintendo conference and saw our mod team taking shots at the community.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Normchacho said:

It's nice that the mods hold contempt for a large part of this community.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Euphoria14 said:
Normchacho said:

It's all just a bit of fun. It was like 3:40AM here when this was going on and it was a long day and a long conference. A lot of the comments were purely spontaneous and weren't done to offend nor to please anyone. It was just the musings of a bunch of people watching a lengthy, occasionally lacklustre conference. Nothing more.

Correct you are, however, that the other conferences had similar responses. And no doubt the Nintendo one will be much the same as well. As such you needn't think that we're just "insulting" or "degrading" a part of the site, that is catergorically false. Like I said at the start, it's all just a bit of fun.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.