By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect-less X1 Releases Tomorrow! How Are Pre Orders Stacking Up? Will Sales Go Up Dramatically?

How Much will X1 Sell in June? (5 Weeks) NPD!

Over 300k 85 13.93%

250k-300k 56 9.18%

200k-250k 78 12.79%

150k-200k 106 17.38%

100k-150k 104 17.05%

Under 100k 173 28.36%

Total:602
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Why would people pre order when they can walk into the store on the 9th and buy it?
Also i haven't seen any ads on tv about it. Just on gamestop.

The purpose of preorders is to secure a purchase based on anticipated demand. Low preorders mean that anticipated demand is low, i.e. stock issues are not expected. The lack of preorders is not indicative of lack of actual demand however, just that the consumers who would buy it do not expect it to be sold out. The only way we can gauge actual demand is after the fact via sales.

Unfortunately, there is a a correlation with low anticipated demand and hype. Low hype affects how well it is promoted and how well it will sell.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
wary-wallaroo said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Euphor

Th

e Kinectless SKU does not come with game. But if you read the statement the claim that was made was there were better deals before. Then that was followed up with an example. Instead of using the dramatic titanfall bundle for 400 dollars it could have been the 450 dollar one. Doesn't change the claim

The $450 TF bundle was a much better vaue proposition than the Kinectless SKU and it still failed to do anything. The Kinectless SKU won't either, especially with Halo 5 delayed till next year and Gears being years off.

Which is KylieDogs point which was questioned 

jlmurph2 said:
KylieDog said:

Try the entire month.  Not interested in a reply if you cannot admit this, because your post would just be bullshit.

You're telling me that Xbox One+Titanfall+Kinect was $399 for a month? Lol try harder

I don't know about in the US, but in the UK you can still get the X1 + Kinect + Titanfall for the same price as pre-ordering the X1 on its own :P

D00m

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

shikamaru317 said:
wary-wallaroo said:

The $450 TF bundle was a much better vaue proposition than the Kinectless SKU and it still failed to do anything. The Kinectless SKU won't either, especially with Halo 5 delayed till next year and Gears being years off.

Failed to do anything? It boosted sales by a pretty decent margin the whole time it was available. Also, it's not the same value propostion because not everybody wanted a copy of Titanfall. The Halo Master Chief bundle is replacing Halo 5, I'm sure it'll sell pretty well, especially since it's expected to have some form of multiplayer.

Kinectless bundle should have an effect, but when this was announced there were plenty who right away believed it would cause the XBone to take June NPD.

I am still not sure if that will be the case, especially since Titanfall boost didn't allow that to happen, even with the $450 bundle.

We will see though since that $460 (Kinectless SKU + game) will be available for almost the entire month.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

i expect 100k boost

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

i voted 300 thousand or more on June, just because of E3 and the games that will be announced (the big third party exclusive etc.) people will get hyped and with a discounted Xbox it SHOULD be able to get about those kind of sales (and yes i know there isn't any particular game coming out on June but i bet a lot of people will buy it anyway)

Ugh i believe most countries still at June 7th

shikamaru317 said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Failed to do anything? It boosted sales by a pretty decent margin the whole time it was available. Also, it's not the same value propostion because not everybody wanted a copy of Titanfall, if you get a free game that you don't want to play, it has no value to you. The Halo Master Chief bundle is replacing Halo 5, I'm sure it'll sell pretty well, especially since it's expected to have some form of multiplayer.

Last I checked, the X1 sold on average less per week in March than in February and the PS4 easily outsold it. So yes, it failed to do anything.

The Halo collection isn't a replacement for Halo 5. It's not a system seller like a mainline Halo would be. HD remasters/remakes have never been, Halo isn't magically an exception. Now, I'm not saying it won't have any effect, but it will be minimal. The Halo delay will let the PS4 dominate the Holidays.

E3 hype and the SKU will improve sales a bit, but without a game in the next 3 months, sales will be back to 30k a week in a couple of weeks. I know people keep hoping that those unanaunsed games will boost sales and they will, but knowing MS none of them will be available for at least the holidays. by then the ps4 and wii u will have to much of a lead.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.