By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect-less X1 Releases Tomorrow! How Are Pre Orders Stacking Up? Will Sales Go Up Dramatically?

How Much will X1 Sell in June? (5 Weeks) NPD!

Over 300k 85 13.93%

250k-300k 56 9.18%

200k-250k 78 12.79%

150k-200k 106 17.38%

100k-150k 104 17.05%

Under 100k 173 28.36%

Total:602
shikamaru317 said:

I'm going to guess 200-250k NPD, 320-370k worldwide for June. Maybe even more if the rumored 3rd party exclusive announcement at E3 is pretty big.

Good luck with that. For Europe:

a) It's summer, it's getting hot, people go on vacation.

b) It's Brazil 2014 from next week on. Anything else is irrelevant.

a) usually leads to low sales numbers, a)+b) together leads to dead sales numbers. By dead I mean deader that the usual summer numbers.

Around the Network

I could see 200k+ for the month of June, but not 300k+. Maybe worldwide will get over 300k, but just NPD? It'll get over 100k for sure, might get over 200k, but that's it.

jlmurph2 said:
Max King of the Wild said:

"There was better offers in March, could get Xbone+Titanfall+Kinect for same price as Kinectless/gameless SKU."

Yup, try again. That would mean you could get all that for $399. Which you could, but only for an hour, not a month.

Reading comp for the lose...

Lol good job, I really want to see you spin this

Correct me if I am wrong, but does that Kinectless SKU come with a game?

If not then Kyliedog is in fact right since a Kinectless SKU + Game = same price as Titanfall bundle which also came with a Kinect. Without a game though you are correct that the $400 Titanfall bundle was only for an hour or so.

His post is likely implying this since you don't buy a console without also buying a game. Buying a Titanfall bundle and selling off the game would make the price the same. I might be wrong though as I am not sure what comes in the Kinectless package.

Kyliedog's wording is just terrible. Of course if in fact this was his angle.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I voted 250-300K. Hopefully it doesn't do worse than that.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I don't see a Kinectless SKU doing wonders. Titanfall bundle is still a much better deal, and it's selling poorly.
It mught generate some sales due to media E3 buzz, and some from Kinect-haters and/or Titanfall-haters (for a lack of better word, I don't mean hater as a derogatory word), but it will return soon to its current levels, and even drop off a bit due to slow summer sales.
I say 100-150 is a reasonable number (28-30K per week), on par with April numbers.

Around the Network

Damn, misread the poll before I voted.

What I meant to choose was 150 - 200k, although closer to 200k.

I hate to break it to you but I very much doubt the increase will be big. I don't think it'll be enough to outsell the PS4, at least on NPD (VGC will obviously put it on top, like they've done every week before for most of this year). In the UK, it's already very cheap and the Kinectless version is a worse value proposition, it won't do anything there. Everywhere else, the X1 will continue to be dead.

This notion that price is the only issue is wrong

Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Max 

If not then Kyliedog is in fact right since a Kinectless SKU + Game = same price as Titanfall bundle which also came with a Kinect. Without a game though you are correct that the $400 Titanfall bundle was only for an hour or so.

His post is likely implying this since you don't buy a console without also buying a game. Buying a Titanfall bundle and selling off the game would make the price the same. I might be wrong though as I am not sure what comes in the Kinectless package.

The Kinectless SKU does not come with game. But if you read the statement the claim that was made was there were better deals before. Then that was followed up with an example. Instead of using the dramatic titanfall bundle for 400 dollars it could have been the 450 dollar one. Doesn't change the claim

Max King of the Wild said:
Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Max 

The Kinectless SKU does not come with game. But if you read the statement the claim that was made was there were better deals before. Then that was followed up with an example. Instead of using the dramatic titanfall bundle for 400 dollars it could have been the 450 dollar one. Doesn't change the claim

The $450 TF bundle was a much better vaue proposition than the Kinectless SKU and it still failed to do anything. The Kinectless SKU won't either, especially with Halo 5 delayed till next year and Gears being years off.

im not expecting more than 200k. after those monster HW boost from MK8 and watch dogs, who knows

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian