By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect-less X1 Releases Tomorrow! How Are Pre Orders Stacking Up? Will Sales Go Up Dramatically?

How Much will X1 Sell in June? (5 Weeks) NPD!

Over 300k 85 13.93%

250k-300k 56 9.18%

200k-250k 78 12.79%

150k-200k 106 17.38%

100k-150k 104 17.05%

Under 100k 173 28.36%

Total:602

It should do 200k+ first week, the question is afterwards.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:

It should do 200k+ first week, the question is afterwards.

prepare for disapointment then. big time.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

100k total impact.

It is near the end of the end....

The Kinect-less SKU is #50 on the Amazon best sellers page, it's not exactly setting the charts on fire. We'll see, but I think Microsoft should have kept Kinect and dropped the price instead.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

DeadBigfoot21 said:

Last time i checked the xbox one outsold the ps4 several times on several weeks and it was still $500. I have been checking the sales every week and i  saw the xbox one selling more. The ps4 sometimes outsold it on several weeks also. It is pretty amazing how the xbox one outsold it even after the higher price tag so that tells me once the new sku rolls out then the xbox will be back on top or very close. 

I was under the impression that the only time it outsold the PS4 was December and that was due to stock issues... so not sure how you got that it sold more on a weekly basis other than that? unless i missed something.

(Please dont tell me you used VGC weekly data to state that it sold more over the course of a few weeks in a month and then got outsold by the PS4 when it was all tallied up).

On the subject, I think the person who mentioned summer/world cup.. that will have an impact, probably less USA so than rest of world, but gaming always dropped off at this time, so unless MS have some big - AAA game is out in June/July... sales wont go up by much imho. I think this is why Sony will have a few HD games coming out in the next month to counter this before the September spikes come along. No suprise that TLOU is rumoured to be coming in June, it's a dead month for gaming usually.

Rumours that a RDR or GTAV port would certainly help MS's cause if its in the summer and exclusive to their platform for one or two months. That's effectively what they need to do if they intend to close that gap. I mean in Titanfall month the gap was what 60k... that's crazy.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

I thought this was coming out on the 9th? Tomorrow is the 8th..Unless this is from Aussies from the future? Either way they need a serious boost. They do a lot of good for innovation but that won't happen if they keep acting like Aquaman and flopping it up in last place.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

I still think the Wii U and PS4 will be the top 2 systems this month.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Madword said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Last time i checked the xbox one outsold the ps4 several times on several weeks and it was still $500. I have been checking the sales every week and i  saw the xbox one selling more. The ps4 sometimes outsold it on several weeks also. It is pretty amazing how the xbox one outsold it even after the higher price tag so that tells me once the new sku rolls out then the xbox will be back on top or very close. 

I was under the impression that the only time it outsold the PS4 was December and that was due to stock issues... so not sure how you got that it sold more on a weekly basis other than that? unless i missed something.

(Please dont tell me you used VGC weekly data to state that it sold more over the course of a few weeks in a month and then got outsold by the PS4 when it was all tallied up).

On the subject, I think the person who mentioned summer/world cup.. that will have an impact, probably less USA so than rest of world, but gaming always dropped off at this time, so unless MS have some big - AAA game is out in June/July... sales wont go up by much imho. I think this is why Sony will have a few HD games coming out in the next month to counter this before the September spikes come along. No suprise that TLOU is rumoured to be coming in June, it's a dead month for gaming usually.

Rumours that a RDR or GTAV port would certainly help MS's cause if its in the summer and exclusive to their platform for one or two months. That's effectively what they need to do if they intend to close that gap. I mean in Titanfall month the gap was what 60k... that's crazy.

He probably used VGC numbers which were way off.

shikamaru317 said:

If the rumors about some pretty major Microsoft E3 announcements are true, I'm guessing June sales will be quite good. Also, MS has started advertising the Kinect-less bundle now, and it has risen on Amazon accordingly.

Its at 50! the ps3 version of the last of us is selling better.

Madword said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

I'd like to see your numbers and your sources saying the ps4 has been outselling the xbox one every single week starting from this year. The charts have been saying the xbox one sold more than ps4 and vice versa. Please state your sources for claiming the ps4 sold better every single week starting from this year....i am waiting.