By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect-less X1 Releases Tomorrow! How Are Pre Orders Stacking Up? Will Sales Go Up Dramatically?

How Much will X1 Sell in June? (5 Weeks) NPD!

Over 300k 85 13.93%

250k-300k 56 9.18%

200k-250k 78 12.79%

150k-200k 106 17.38%

100k-150k 104 17.05%

Under 100k 173 28.36%

Total:602
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Madword said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Last time i checked the xbox one outsold the ps4 several times on several weeks and it was still $500. I have been checking the sales every week and i  saw the xbox one selling more. The ps4 sometimes outsold it on several weeks also. It is pretty amazing how the xbox one outsold it even after the higher price tag so that tells me once the new sku rolls out then the xbox will be back on top or very close. 

I was under the impression that the only time it outsold the PS4 was December and that was due to stock issues... so not sure how you got that it sold more on a weekly basis other than that? unless i missed something.

(Please dont tell me you used VGC weekly data to state that it sold more over the course of a few weeks in a month and then got outsold by the PS4 when it was all tallied up).

On the subject, I think the person who mentioned summer/world cup.. that will have an impact, probably less USA so than rest of world, but gaming always dropped off at this time, so unless MS have some big - AAA game is out in June/July... sales wont go up by much imho. I think this is why Sony will have a few HD games coming out in the next month to counter this before the September spikes come along. No suprise that TLOU is rumoured to be coming in June, it's a dead month for gaming usually.

Rumours that a RDR or GTAV port would certainly help MS's cause if its in the summer and exclusive to their platform for one or two months. That's effectively what they need to do if they intend to close that gap. I mean in Titanfall month the gap was what 60k... that's crazy.

I'd like to see your numbers and your sources saying the ps4 has been outselling the xbox one every single week starting from this year. The charts have been saying the xbox one sold more than ps4 and vice versa. Please state your sources for claiming the ps4 sold better every single week starting from this year....i am waiting.

Have you tried checking NPD? http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/13/january-2014-npd-playstation-4-extends-its-lead/ 

http://venturebeat.com/2014/03/13/february-2014-npd-playstation-4-and-xbox-one-continue-fighting-it-out/ 

http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/17/march-2014-npd-playstation-4-outsells-xbox-one-again-despite-titanfall/ 

http://venturebeat.com/2014/05/15/april-2014-npd-playstation-4-outsells-xbox-one-again/ 

I'm fairly sure NPD has shown Ps4 ahead every week. if you can find sources that show NPD(not VGC) showing ps4 wasn't ahead every week please do.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network

I'd like to see your numbers and your sources saying the ps4 has been outselling the xbox one every single week starting from this year. The charts have been saying the xbox one sold more than ps4 and vice versa. Please state your sources for claiming the ps4 sold better every single week starting from this year....i am waiting.

Microsoft and Sony. There. You didn't have to wait long

Have you tried checking NPD? http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/13/january-2014-npd-playstation-4-extends-its-lead/ 

http://venturebeat.com/2014/03/13/february-2014-npd-playstation-4-and-xbox-one-continue-fighting-it-out/ 

http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/17/march-2014-npd-playstation-4-outsells-xbox-one-again-despite-titanfall/ 

http://venturebeat.com/2014/05/15/april-2014-npd-playstation-4-outsells-xbox-one-again/ 

I'm fairly sure NPD has shown Ps4 ahead every week. if you can find sources that show NPD(not VGC) showing ps4 wasn't ahead every week please do.

Even vgc has show ps4 ahead every week

Max King of the Wild said:

You were obviousy looking at VGC numbers week on week.  Those were, as we now know, completely wrong.  VGC has retrospectively corrected its weekly figures to reflect reality.  Go back to the updated VGC numbers for each week since January and you will see that, even on vgc, PS4 outsold xbox one every week.

150-200K I think. There will be improvement, but it won't be massive. If you get less for less it's not really a price cut, so it won't have anything like the same effect as an actual $100 price cut. But still people will see it as a better balance of price and features.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Last I checked, the X1 sold on average less per week in March than in February and the PS4 easily outsold it. So yes, it failed to do anything.

The Halo collection isn't a replacement for Halo 5. It's not a system seller like a mainline Halo would be. HD remasters/remakes have never been, Halo isn't magically an exception. Now, I'm not saying it won't have any effect, but it will be minimal. The Halo delay will let the PS4 dominate the Holidays.

I'd have to look at the numbers again because it's been awhile, but from what I remember, the $450 Titanfall bundle did boost March sales by a decent margin. I'm pretty sure that Xbox One was selling 70-80k a week there for awhile while the $450 Titanfall bundle was available, that's a pretty sizeable boost over the 50k weeks we're seeing now. Maybe the reason that February sales were higher is because alot of the people that wanted an Xbox One for Titanfall had already bought one before the Titanfall bundle was announced in late February, in which case the vaslue of the bundle was only $450 instead of $390. Even so, a $400 Xbox is a better value proposition than the $450 Titanfall bundle because not everyone wanted a copy of Titanfall, if you didn't want the game, it being free was meaningless, placing the value of the Titanfall bundle at $450. 

Microsoft seems to be banking on it being a solid replacement for Halo 5 since they delayed Halo 5. I think you may be surprised at the number of people who will buy it, alot of people have been itching to play Halo 2 multiplayer again. There's a reason why Halo 2 was one of the most popular multiplayer games ever, especially relative to install base size. As of right now there is no Halo multiplayer on Xbox One, if the Master Chief collection provides that, it may sell more systems than you think. Not to mention the fact that there are other 2014 releases coming to Xbox One, including a recent rumored big 2014 announcement at E3. 

so here is the problem with vgcz, adjustments are so frequent and large memory can be decieving. 

you are right, kind of. vgcz posted a significant and permanent boost post titanfall and then adjusted everything down later. originally the boost lasted for two months of numbers before being adjusted after this last npd. as the numbers stand now the titanfall boost lasted three weeks before dropping below pre-titanfall numbers of in the 60s k. 

tbone51 said:

With the Kinect-less X1 Releasing Tomorrow, Sales should rise up pretty quickly and do much better (having better competition to ps4 from a sales point, etc)

So my question is How Are Pre Orders Stacking Up? Do you think this will change X1  sales dramatically? As far as i seen on amazon(US), the titanfall bundle is doing better and the vita bundle (with Borderlands) that released a month ago made it in the top 20 for several days prior to release while Kinect-less X1 is currently 59th.

My guess are people are waiting for E3 for their purchases.... Your thoughts and opinions?

I think it will get an incredibly small bump and then go back losing 1:2 to the PS4.  I just don't think anyone wants it...

In the short term it could have a very good, although not exceptional effect, so I voted 200-250k, but I'm not persuaded of the soundness of this choice in the long term. In the short term it will provide a lower entry price that's surely needed, but that would have naturally come later thanks to cost reduction, here I suspect MS misinterpreted users' refusal of always-on kinect as a refusal tout court of the device. Splitting the user base, any kinect support from third parties in the games developed from now on will inevitably become totally optional and possibly lame, damaging what was meant to make XBOne different.
MS looks suicidally ruining the three needed and justified 180s, about used games, always online and always-on kinect, making follow kindergarten kid-like spiteful ones, removing cool online features that could have been left as an incentive to connect the XBOne, without for this disabling essential functions for those that cannot or don't want to connect, and this time removing kinect from entry-level models, and so killing it, because most users don't want it always-on. Maybe there are still too many vengeful Ballmer minions in MS top management, someone should teach them that's just normal and totally fine that people approve company policies just partially instead of totally, and that "punishing" them for this is really the wrongest reaction.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

21% increase on last week worldwide

DeadBigfoot21 said:
Madword said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Last time i checked the xbox one outsold the ps4 several times on several weeks and it was still $500. I have been checking the sales every week and i  saw the xbox one selling more. The ps4 sometimes outsold it on several weeks also. It is pretty amazing how the xbox one outsold it even after the higher price tag so that tells me once the new sku rolls out then the xbox will be back on top or very close. 

I was under the impression that the only time it outsold the PS4 was December and that was due to stock issues... so not sure how you got that it sold more on a weekly basis other than that? unless i missed something.

(Please dont tell me you used VGC weekly data to state that it sold more over the course of a few weeks in a month and then got outsold by the PS4 when it was all tallied up).

On the subject, I think the person who mentioned summer/world cup.. that will have an impact, probably less USA so than rest of world, but gaming always dropped off at this time, so unless MS have some big - AAA game is out in June/July... sales wont go up by much imho. I think this is why Sony will have a few HD games coming out in the next month to counter this before the September spikes come along. No suprise that TLOU is rumoured to be coming in June, it's a dead month for gaming usually.

Rumours that a RDR or GTAV port would certainly help MS's cause if its in the summer and exclusive to their platform for one or two months. That's effectively what they need to do if they intend to close that gap. I mean in Titanfall month the gap was what 60k... that's crazy.

I'm using NPD figures and though they don't mention weekly, anyone who thinks that the XBO is beating the PS4 in multiple weeks, but some magic then means that the PS4 suddenly finds double or 60k in the final week or two frankly shouldnt be taken seriously. NPD has been showing PS4 significantly beating the XBO most months this year, with the exception of one where it was quite close due to stock issues. 

So that is my source, that and common sense. Please state *your* source claiming that XBO is beating PS4 in multiple weeks and PS4 pulls it back by 60k or more in the subsequent weeks... (please dont say VGC is your source)... I am waiting.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!