By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU up 666% in the UK thanks to Mario Kart!!!

Are you impressed with WiiU's 10 - 12k sold this week in the UK?

Very impressed, above PS4... 581 46.44%

They're ok, it will need... 205 16.39%

Not that great, I expected more 77 6.16%

Terribad, this was suppos... 89 7.11%

See results 296 23.66%

Total:1,248

A huge boost in sales isn't just good for Wii U owners or Nintendo fans but for gamers in general.

Around the Network

Nintendo deserves the boost, good games need good sales, let´s hope the WW sales follow this path.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Pact with Devil

Click HERE and be happy 

aikohualda said:
nintendo sold it's soul to the devil...

Hope they kept the receipt

noname2200 said:
aikohualda said:

They´re gonna regret it later

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
Wow! Go MK8! This may be a record sales boost from a single game. We usually see a doubling and sometimes a tripling, with quadrupling being even rarer. But an over six-fold increase? Unheard of. Can't wait to see what the rest of the world looks like. April NPD is going to be interesting, that's for sure. It'll also be interesting to see if the MK8 bundle gives a substantial long-term boost to sales.

Think Xbox 360 or some other system saw a 3000% increase in Japan once ;P

Seece said:
Shadow1980 said:
Wow! Go MK8! This may be a record sales boost from a single game. We usually see a doubling and sometimes a tripling, with quadrupling being even rarer. But an over six-fold increase? Unheard of. Can't wait to see what the rest of the world looks like. April NPD is going to be interesting, that's for sure. It'll also be interesting to see if the MK8 bundle gives a substantial long-term boost to sales.

Think Xbox 360 or some other system saw a 3000% increase in Japan once ;P

Yeah it's very easy to get a giant percentage boost when you start from a really low number.  It'll be interesting to see the kind of percentage boost the WiiU sees in regions where it doesn't sell as poorly as it does in the UK.

Always great to see sales discussions on Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/27421h/mario_kart_8_boosts_uk_wii_u_sales_600/chx7wjn

noname2200 said:
aikohualda said:

well if it didn't work. they can always make a confession :p and say some hail marys and our father and it will be fine

666 number of the beast

Wii U is the devils console confirmed.

Nice.