By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU up 666% in the UK thanks to Mario Kart!!!

Are you impressed with WiiU's 10 - 12k sold this week in the UK?

Very impressed, above PS4... 581 46.44%

They're ok, it will need... 205 16.39%

Not that great, I expected more 77 6.16%

Terribad, this was suppos... 89 7.11%

See results 296 23.66%

Total:1,248

I thought it was very impressive until someone pointed out that Zelda gave it a bigger boost, percentage wise. I'm not sure how the Wii U was doing prior to Zelda, but still.

It's still impressive, but not THAT impressive. However, MK should help with the legs way more than Zelda did.

Around the Network

very good
MK8 is a system seller then...

Switch!!!

fedfed said:
very good
MK8 is a system seller then...

We'll see if it could give WiiU some legs. Maybe soon we'll know the answer to a mystery what saved 3DS - pricecut or Mario Kart.

Great start, no doubt the advertising helped out somewhat. Now it just needs to maintain that momentum, and hopefully the system will be able to hit respectable numbers for a while at least.

I imagine similar figures will be true across the world. Maybe not as extreme, but I expect the Wii U to be above 100k this week. Anything less would be very disappointing.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Seece said:

PS4 got a 96% increase in UK, so from 8k to 16k. US will be similar. XB1 will get a boost too but nowhere near as high.

IMO we should see. PS4 > WiiU > XB1 > 3DS > everything else.

NA doesn't have the Watch_Dogs bundle, right? I expect a lower increase for PS4 and almost no increase for X1. But it will sell very well to existing X1 owners, of course.

World wide: PS4 > Wii U > 3DS > X1

Or did you mean only the US?

Around the Network

YEAAAAAAH!!!
If even in USA and Japan have this boots, will sorpassed PS4 WW! :D

So, in UK Wii U have sold more of 12,000!

episteme said:
Seece said:

PS4 got a 96% increase in UK, so from 8k to 16k. US will be similar. XB1 will get a boost too but nowhere near as high.

NA doesn't have the Watch_Dogs bundle, right? I expect a lower increase for PS4 and almost no increase for X1. But it will sell very well to existing X1 owners, of course.

World wide: PS4 > Wii U > 3DS > X1

Or did you mean only the US?

I think he was talking about the UK.

its a bump, but not that big of one. It needs more than that to be "saved".

What I would like to know is if some retailers sold out because of low stock (with the low sales before, I wouldn't be surprised about low stock) or if most retailers have still consoles in stock? If it sold out in some places the numbers could be even higher, if not then it is a nice boost but I would say almost like expected. I mean, it's Mario Kart we are talking about, the game which has millions of fans on Wii.

Seece said:
Mummelmann said:
Hmm, let's see if my 110k holds up or not. Expecting a lot smaller boost in Japan and quite a bit smaller in NA, but we'll see. It will outsell the 3DS for sure though, quite likely the One and possibly even the PS4, that should be fun!

Also; Doctre81 will go crazy, possibly be admitted to the hospital.

for me Wii U>PS4>3DS>XO>PSVita