By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU up 666% in the UK thanks to Mario Kart!!!

Are you impressed with WiiU's 10 - 12k sold this week in the UK?

Very impressed, above PS4... 581 46.44%

They're ok, it will need... 205 16.39%

Not that great, I expected more 77 6.16%

Terribad, this was suppos... 89 7.11%

See results 296 23.66%

Total:1,248
Sharu said:
The fight will be tense here!

oh blimey, I think I too cannot bare the tension of an obvious one-week sales boost

Around the Network

Hmm, let's see if my 110k holds up or not. Expecting a lot smaller boost in Japan and quite a bit smaller in NA, but we'll see. It will outsell the 3DS for sure though, quite likely the One and possibly even the PS4, that should be fun!

Also; Doctre81 will go crazy, possibly be admitted to the hospital.

I hadn't put much thought into what I would expect. If I'm to be honest I probably would have guessed a 300-500% bump. So it's bigger than I would have expected. But in the grand scheme of things it's not really looking like it's given Wii U a shot at increasing its baseline sales so something at least in the same ballpark as PS4bone.

On that note I think Wii U's baseline will settle at something below 5k/week, while PS4bone will continue to be in the 7-8K range. So MK8 will mean more sales for Wii U, but nothing crazemazing.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

looks like a good week for Wii U, hopefully it can sustain decent sales for awhile

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

WiiU will manage to stay ahead of Vita ww at last!

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Hmm, let's see if my 110k holds up or not. Expecting a lot smaller boost in Japan and quite a bit smaller in NA, but we'll see. It will outsell the 3DS for sure though, quite likely the One and possibly even the PS4, that should be fun!

You have to give him credit, he is the only person crazy enough to fervently defend the Wii U time after time, especially in front of the camera

Excellent. Nice to see the advertising paid off.

Now they need to keep the momentum up!

Mummelmann said:

I think it'll stay behind the PS4.

And Doctre will most likely conveniently forget to mention that the PS4 still sold more in the UK, when making a video about this.

Mummelmann said:

PS4 got a 96% increase in UK, so from 8k to 16k. US will be similar. XB1 will get a boost too but nowhere near as high.

IMO we should see. PS4 > WiiU > XB1 > 3DS > everything else.

It is impressive