By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU up 666% in the UK thanks to Mario Kart!!!

Are you impressed with WiiU's 10 - 12k sold this week in the UK?

Very impressed, above PS4... 581 46.44%

They're ok, it will need... 205 16.39%

Not that great, I expected more 77 6.16%

Terribad, this was suppos... 89 7.11%

See results 296 23.66%

Total:1,248
Devil_Survivor said:
Mummelmann said:
Hmm, let's see if my 110k holds up or not. Expecting a lot smaller boost in Japan and quite a bit smaller in NA, but we'll see. It will outsell the 3DS for sure though, quite likely the One and possibly even the PS4, that should be fun!

Also; Doctre81 will go crazy, possibly be admitted to the hospital.

And you can bet Blackbond will be leaving 50 or so comments on that video Tre is going to make lolo.

Yup, and all their their wingman trolls brothers will crawl out and start spouting nonsense and insults, good times!

Around the Network

It's a nice jump ahead, no doubt about it. I'm afraid it won't last for long though...can't wait to see next week charts. Those will be much more informative about WiiU's situation for the next few months.

EDIT: above PS4? I don't think so, WD released last week as well and was heavily advertised along the PS4. It will probably be a 15k+ week for the ps4.

I had written off the UK for the Wii U so this is a nice surprise! Don't know how long it'll hold though (but Mario Kart 8 is indeed wonderful)

Signature goes here!

I raced plenty of Brits this weekend in MK8! Glad to see Wii U have some success in the UK finally.

Hopefully some other games will ride the MK8 bump while it lasts and keeps the momentum going. I figure the game should do well in the next month then achieve relatively stable numbers until holidays -- but where it'll settle is a mystery.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Yay yay go WiiU :D

Around the Network

Luigi is Saten confirmed?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Not impressed. MK is their bigger franchise now and the bump is just ok. I guess we'll see next week numbers around 7-8k and the next one 4-5k to then go deep down,

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Am i the only person here seeing 666%

Its the devil I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The devils box!!!!!!!!!

nintendo sold it's soul to the devil...

if the sales are up above 300% world wide... we will see wii u in 100k.... which ps4 is doing every week... that's how powerful ps4 right now...

i hope nintendo hang on their numbers for a few more weeks

I hope it can maintain itself in that range thanks to MK8. This next week will be interesting.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)