By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All Xbox 360 haters, answer me this question

@ NJ5 - Why didnt u mention that sony's video game division is now in the black? Its not a billion dollars in the hole! Also, im talking about on video game division,not movies. If you take into account of the billions ms lost for the RROD issues and ms selling some of its shares last year-MS losses with nintendo gains brings the numbers back to almost what i said previously. Now a Joke 5

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Around the Network
MyFailureIsConfirmed said:
@ NJ5 If you go to www.yahoo.com ,go to news,search sony earnings -under yahoo news only,then go to story no.181,182,and 191 you'll see that as of Jan.31,2008 sony's video game dept. is in the black! Also, sony had a record 25% jump in profits from Oct. to Dec. 2007. So FailureReallyWillNeverBeAnOption!!!!!!!!!! Also, I luv video games period. Halo 3,Bioshock is hot,but the ps3 exclusives i luv more. KZ2,Resistance 2,MGS4,and the mlt. platform versions for the ps3 because the controllers are more simpler and it has motion sensor installed for use,a web browser,yellow dog linux software can be installed in it and makes it into a computer gaming console,it has dvr(TIVO) capabilities w/ firmware update in it for the UK and possibly the US,will be even quieter console with 45nm cell processor being put in newer sku models,blu ray drive,free online(about just as good as xblive),more memory slots-SD memory,cf slot for memory,and memory stick slot to port psp content,etc. The 360 doesnt have all this to offer me.

I guess you weren't being sarcastic. When will people learn to look up the facts and not spout BS. Did you really think you could do so on an internet forum. Not just any forum, but this one. There are several posters here that won't hesistate to call you on your inaccuracies here.

EDIT: They were in the black for that quarter. The 133 million they profited last quarter still leaves them in the red overall. Do you have any concept of finances at all? Microsoft has made money on their games division over the last two quarters but they are STILL in the red overall. 

Friend,what i am trying to say is that both companies are doing the same thing!They're trying to make profit!You can't blame the one while on the other hand you defend the other just like it's your property and you feel threatened!It's ridiculous!The daily profit of each company is larger that the whole money you(and everyone else in here) will gain in your life,working 10 hours a day!So.do not try to tell me how "evil"(not you personally) is MicroSoft and how "good" is Sony.This is a fairy tale for children.I own a PS2,an xbox and a 360 and you know what?The only reason i'm gonna buy a console is GAMES!Let's say we had the three same consoles released by unknown companies...Which console would you prefer?Just take a look at the library of games of each.Don't tell me you would choose PS3 if it wasn't for Sony.In conclusion, i mean that it's very unfair to critisize Microsoft like this cause they have offered us many great games in this current generation while we are still waiting for the great games in PS3.Given the fact that i never liked Metal Gear or Killzone(I don't like stealth games in general) give me a good reason to spend my money(which is a lot!admit it) to buy a PS3!and closing i want to mention another thing too.All of the Sony fans(i don't consider myself a MS fan,i love my PS2) shouldn't play being smart and make "objective" conclusions about 360's success but insteed look at their lovely PS3 cause if someone told before 2 years that by March 2008 Wii and 360 would pass PS3 in sales in such a scale they would laugh and call him crazy so don't tell me now that you're happy cause PS3 is only 7 million consoles behind 360(and i will not refer to Wii at all).

i agree with you, thumps up 

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

FailureIsNotAnOption said:
Why didnt u mention that sony's video game division is now in the black? Its not a billion dollars in the hole! Also, im talking about on video game division,not movies. If you take into account of the billions ms lost for the RROD issues and ms selling some of its shares last year-MS losses with nintendo gains brings the numbers back to almost what i said previously. Now a Joke 5

didnt want to seem like i was poking fun, lol, didnt want to give them too much of a blow

@ Heroe..... There are great games on the ps3 ,also.Exclusives like Warhawk,R:FOM,Motorstorm,Uncharted:Drake's Fortune,Rachet and Clank:TOD,and coming soon Little Big Planet(2008 release-www.gamestop.com ),Haze,GT5 prologue,Tekken 6,FFXIII,Resistance 2,KZ2,MGS4,all the PN exclusively downloadable content games-Not demos,and possibly HOME coming all this year -so you can stop using the old cliché "not any games out on the ps3" But we can continue this debate in Dec. 2008 and we'll see who will have the upper hand. I luv playstation games period not because its sony because most of their games are not made by sony anyway.By the way,im not blaming one and defending the other,im just stating the facts. There are some games i like on the 360 but the majority of them are mlt. platform games i can play on my ps3,so with more functionality with the ps3 why should i want a 360.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Around the Network

Well, MS is way more in the red than Sony is in their gaming divisions. Thats a fact. EDIT:So you know that Sony's gaming division will be in the green well before the 360.Thus making more profits in the long run. There will be More Profitability for the ps3. Thats what game developers will look at.

Well, MS is way more in the red than Sony is in their gaming divisions. Thats a fact.

and it is really relevant....

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Well, MS is way more in the red than Sony is in their gaming divisions. Thats a fact.

well because the orignal question was

"

If 360 is such a failure as you keep posting, why has it already shipped 17.7 million when Xbox 1 only shipped 24-25 million it's whole life? And given that 360 ships at least 7-9 million per years, will overtake Xbox 1 by the end of 2008? Also while being more profitable?

More profitable and more sales, how is that not an improvement on Xbox 1?

It's a very simple question. And dont even forget 360 will most likely start selling MORE not less in the next 2-3 years most likely, because it's hardly even had any price drops yet! "

its not profitable yet i dont think, lol

simonutd said:
kirby007 said:

"

If 360 is such a failure as you keep posting, why has it already shipped 17.7 million when Xbox 1 only shipped 24-25 million it's whole life? And given that 360 ships at least 7-9 million per years, will overtake Xbox 1 by the end of 2008? Also while being more profitable?

It's a very simple question. And dont even forget 360 will most likely start selling MORE not less in the next 2-3 years most likely, because it's hardly even had any price drops yet! "

really?? i think it makes it profit on software and that's what counts for developers

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
simonutd said:
kirby007 said:

"

really?? i think it makes it profit on software and that's what counts for developers

that wasnt the question, its not made profit for MS yet,