By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All Xbox 360 haters, answer me this question

@ NJ5 If you go to www.yahoo.com ,go to news,search sony earnings -under yahoo news only,then go to story no.181,182,and 191 you'll see that as of Jan.31,2008 sony's video game dept. is in the black! Also, sony had a record 25% jump in profits from Oct. to Dec. 2007. So FailureReallyWillNeverBeAnOption!!!!!!!!!! Also, I luv video games period. Halo 3,Bioshock is hot,but the ps3 exclusives i luv more. KZ2,Resistance 2,MGS4,and the mlt. platform versions for the ps3 because the controllers are more simpler and it has motion sensor installed for use,a web browser,yellow dog linux software can be installed in it and makes it into a computer gaming console,it has dvr(TIVO) capabilities w/ firmware update in it for the UK and possibly the US,will be even quieter console with 45nm cell processor being put in newer sku models,blu ray drive,free online(about just as good as xblive),more memory slots-SD memory,cf slot for memory,and memory stick slot to port psp content,etc. The 360 doesnt have all this to offer me.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Around the Network

It is a shame that people are buying Wiis instead of the PS3 or 360. They both offer AAA games as well as HD gaming and movies. The 360 will be in third place, in which it should be a tie between the PS360.

Game_boy said:
NJ5 said:
@Game_boy: Do you realize that you can say the same, if not worse, about Sony with the PS3? They're also subsidizing it with the profits from their other divisions, and they're several billions in the hole already.

Yes, I hate PS3's tactics too, but Microsoft's are on a far larger scale (PS was profitable intermittently) and consumers suffer more (Halo/Rare acquisitions; at least Sony never did that).

(Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I don't have time to read the whole topic.)

Square? They didn't buy them outright, but they have 10% of them, which is quite a sizeable chunk.  Conssidering that Square used to be big Nintendo supporters, I'd say it's the same thing (though it's not as dominant, since Square still makes the odd small game for Nintendo).

@Mirson: So?  It's called your opinion.  I could say "Wii offers AAA games as well as innovative input methods and the option to purchase a wide variety of classic games."

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

i doubt its made more money , its cost way extra in cost of repairing them for 3 years each, dont think they have actualy made a profit fom them yet

Friend,what i am trying to say is that both companies are doing the same thing!They're trying to make profit!You can't blame the one while on the other hand you defend the other just like it's your property and you feel threatened!It's ridiculous!The daily profit of each company is larger that the whole money you(and everyone else in here) will gain in your life,working 10 hours a day!So.do not try to tell me how "evil"(not you personally) is MicroSoft and how "good" is Sony.This is a fairy tale for children.I own a PS2,an xbox and a 360 and you know what?The only reason i'm gonna buy a console is GAMES!Let's say we had the three same consoles released by unknown companies...Which console would you prefer?Just take a look at the library of games of each.Don't tell me you would choose PS3 if it wasn't for Sony.In conclusion, i mean that it's very unfair to critisize Microsoft like this cause they have offered us many great games in this current generation while we are still waiting for the great games in PS3.Given the fact that i never liked Metal Gear or Killzone(I don't like stealth games in general) give me a good reason to spend my money(which is a lot!admit it) to buy a PS3!and closing i want to mention another thing too.All of the Sony fans(i don't consider myself a MS fan,i love my PS2) shouldn't play being smart and make "objective" conclusions about 360's success but insteed look at their lovely PS3 cause if someone told before 2 years that by March 2008 Wii and 360 would pass PS3 in sales in such a scale they would laugh and call him crazy so don't tell me now that you're happy cause PS3 is only 7 million consoles behind 360(and i will not refer to Wii at all).

Around the Network

Personally, I dont think 360 is a failure. I love my 360 and i think its a great system.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

sharky said:

If 360 is such a failure as you keep posting, why has it already shipped 17.7 million when Xbox 1 only shipped 24-25 million it's whole life? And given that 360 ships at least 7-9 million per years, will overtake Xbox 1 by the end of 2008? Also while being more profitable?

More profitable and more sales, how is that not an improvement on Xbox 1?

It's a very simple question. And dont even forget 360 will most likely start selling MORE not less in the next 2-3 years most likely, because it's hardly even had any price drops yet!

Why has it shipped 17 million, it was first to the market, simple as that. Is it profitable, not really, MS is constantly replacing consoles, extending warranties, dealing with XBL issues. And what makes you think it will start selling MORE? If January is any indication that statement is dead in the water.

The simple fact is the 360 was rushed, and for that Microsoft will pay. Wii sales are staying about the same, PS3 sales are rising, 360 falling, what makes you think it will sell more than its previous two years?

FailureIsNotAnOption said:
@ NJ5 If you go to www.yahoo.com ,go to news,search sony earnings -under yahoo news only,then go to story no.181,182,and 191 you'll see that as of Jan.31,2008 sony's video game dept. is in the black! Also, sony had a record 25% jump in profits from Oct. to Dec. 2007. So FailureReallyWillNeverBeAnOption!!!!!!!!!!

1- Sony's game division made $133 million in the last quarter, not $146 million.

2- Both Microsoft and Nintendo made more than that if taken separately, not to mention combined. Nintendo made $1.2 billion, and Microsoft made $357 million (in the Entertainment division). So you're more than a billion dollars wrong, I hope you're not an accountant ;)

So FailureIsNotJustAnOption,It'sActuallyConfirmed

Sources:

http://vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=817

http://vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=794

http://vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=798

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

rofl the real sonyboyz aren't anwsering=))))

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

NJ5 said:
FailureIsNotAnOption said:
@ NJ5 If you go to www.yahoo.com ,go to news,search sony earnings -under yahoo news only,then go to story no.181,182,and 191 you'll see that as of Jan.31,2008 sony's video game dept. is in the black! Also, sony had a record 25% jump in profits from Oct. to Dec. 2007. So FailureReallyWillNeverBeAnOption!!!!!!!!!!

1- Sony's game division made $133 million in the last quarter, not $146 million.

2- Both Microsoft and Nintendo made more than that if taken separately, not to mention combined. Nintendo made $1.2 billion, and Microsoft made $357 million (in the Entertainment division). So you're more than a billion dollars wrong, I hope you're not an accountant ;)

So FailureIsNotJustAnOption,It'sActuallyConfirmed

Sources:

http://vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=817

http://vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=794

http://vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=798

Microsoft made £357million lol, add all the months together and then dont forget to add the -$1.1 billion cause of the RRoD