By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All Xbox 360 haters, answer me this question

Coca-Cola said:
People hate Microsoft because they are successful and they entered the gaming industry late so sony fans will obviously hate MS. PS3 would have sold 20m by now.

Let's not forget, MS has done great things too.

Not really, IMO you can only speak for yourself if generalizing.

Sony is also very successful employing way more people than Microsoft, they also offer a far wider range of products.

Success IMO isn't a big factor in disliking a company, it's the business practices how they try to achieve success, customer support, product quality.

Sure fanboy / country rivalry has something to with it as well, like Sony and the PS3 was dragged through the dirt by US media in the past. Sony is much loved here in Europe also for the factors metioned above, Microsoft despised for also the issues mentioned above. Neither of the companies are European, so you can rule that out as a factor.

However I think the bulk of consumers are unaware of all these issues, thus relatively opinionless.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Actually I don't hate the Xbox or Bill Gates. I call them Microscotch for fun cause they always "scotch tape" patches on their half done OS' and stuff... XD

But what alarms me is the fact that XBox are moving towards being a PC and at some point it won't be consoles anymore it'll just be PCs. That's probably the opportunity Microscotch saw into entering the console market.

I just don't want a console to be a PC I want a console to be... A console. Play games at lower cost than PCs, that's the original purpuse of it.

i post not because i hate the 360,i think its a good console with a really good game,but i post because i prefer the ps3,why??i don't have the answer,i just think that is my destiny to support thr playstation brand,,,,haha.

ps3 oustell 360,don't mean that 360 is a failure.
ps3 outsell 360,don't mean that ps3 is a succeses.
wii outsell 360 and ps3 combined, thats is the really succeses.

I probably would have bought a 360 last year if they didn't cost so damn much and break down so easy. Now that feeling of want has passed me by so sadly I don't hate the system I just don't feel the need to own one today. Not to say I'll never own one as I wouldn't mind having one as long as it's much cheaper and reliable.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

I don't hate it, I just think the PS3 is a better value.

The game library is slightly better on the 360, but the PS3's is cathing up.
The PS3 is WAY more reliable hardware wise than the 360.
No yearly online cost.
Price is now more or less comparable.
Blu-Ray Player.
Games are more original creatively and artistically (not as big of a difference as their was last gen, so I commend Microsoft for changing its ways)
The PS3 is a better media server (you can actually use an external hard drive).
MS has done a bunch of bullshit locking out third-party peripherals and controlling their internet service to the point where they "own" content on your hard drive.
No USB keyboard/mouse support, what the fuck is that? Seriously. You can even USE a mouse and keyboard on UT III on PS3.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
jrix said:
xbox haters and ps3 lovers.. they love sony brand... not the games..

Obviously that is all it is.  There can be no other reason for me to prefer the PS3 to the 360.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

The console is a good example of how NOT to build a console ( RROD ) ... also , for my taste its way to shooter oriented , and I dont want to pay for online gaming .

I dont hate it , just that I dont want one right now , epecially if they wont resolve hardware issues ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Rightly or wrongly, a failing console on this web site is the one who is in third place.. like the Gamecube last generation. Right now, that's 360. Its not winning a single territory.

FailureIsNotAnOption said:
NJ5 said:
@Game_boy: Do you realize that you can say the same, if not worse, about Sony with the PS3? They're also subsidizing it with the profits from their other divisions, and they're several billions in the hole already.

Sony is definitely not billions of dollars in the hole! Sony's quarter 1 2008 financial report shows it made $146 million dollar profits,making more profits than Nintendo and xbox combined!So you need to get the facts straight before you post something-dont guess.

Your nickname is "FailureIsNotAnOption", but your post shows that failure is indeed an option.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

So many of you seem to be of the opinion that there’s 100% guarantee that should you purchase a 360 it will break down as soon as you unpack it, if not sooner – it’s a done-deal so to speak.

From my experience it’s not even an issue I can sympathize with, let alone empathize because everyone whom I know personally haven’t had a problem yet.