By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All Xbox 360 haters, answer me this question

@daactualfact: Could you make your sig a bit bigger please? :P

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
daactualfact said:
Just to let you know, "all xbox 360 haters" is practically the whole site!

Speak for yourself please

I don't hate the 360, but I don't recall 'just doing better than XBOX' as the projected goal (especially on launch). I now look at the 360 like I do the PSP: forget the original [unachieved] hype, let's enjoy the interesting things it's doing now.

In terms of future sales, read the story of the Commodore 64. The new C64 is the Wii: designed to be low cost; forget demand kept the price high so far.

Noone here hates the 360, on the contrary, we love and appreciate all the consoles. But lots of us cordially detest Microsoft's status as a piggish monopolist and the mind-bendingly dreadful management of its game division. Show me another Fortune 500 company which lost $6.5 billion on a product line and has the temerity to pretend all is well, or who managed to drive away the studio behind its leading franchise (Halo), or to create an electronics product less reliable than the fabled Yugo of lore.

Do you like my new suit? I picked it up just for this topic ... cheers!

Around the Network

@ Daafactual

Your sig is out of control. I nearly closed the page because I thought it was that 'Hello' ad on the first page.

Linux(yellow dog linux-a free software download) is a software that you can download to your ps3 and format it to operate the ps3 as a computer,with some features not available but you can get some video codecs to download from the internet and add to it to run some other video formats.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

I can't believe you guys!You don't like Microsoft ways?What else am i going to hear?You speak about Sony just like it is a charity foundation!!Yes, Sony makes consoles for our joy and pleasure only!That's the reason they included blue-ray driver in PS3 without giving us the choice to decide if we want it and used all of Ps2 fans like sheeps just for winning the HD format war?All you Sony fans are OK with this?This is capitalism my friends.It's ridiculous to blame a company about its ways and in the same time defend another one which follows the same practises!I think you're trying to create reasons to hate Microsoft from nothing.All that matters is games and though i was a PS2 supporter i would have been blind if i couldn't see that 360 has the best software.Just imagine what the situation would be if 360 was called PS3 at the time it was released.The sales would have been double(at least..).

NJ5 said:
@Game_boy: Do you realize that you can say the same, if not worse, about Sony with the PS3? They're also subsidizing it with the profits from their other divisions, and they're several billions in the hole already.

Sony is definitely not billions of dollars in the hole! Sony's quarter 1 2008 financial report shows it made $146 million dollar profits,making more profits than Nintendo and xbox combined!So you need to get the facts straight before you post something-dont guess.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

amp316 said:
Everything that Game boy said is true. Also Microsoft made a slight mistake by not purchasing Nintendo when they had the chance. They said that Sony was there competition. They also didn't exactly take the Wii seriously and believed it to be Nintendo's final nail in there coffin so to speak. Comments were made about the motion-sensing controls being the modern equivalent to the Power Glove. Well, Microsoft was right about one thing. Sony is there competition.

Microsoft never had the chance to purchase Nintendo. I don't know who told that, but they were grossly misinformed.