By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All Xbox 360 haters, answer me this question

simonutd said:
kirby007 said:
simonutd said:
kirby007 said:
FailureIsNotAnOption said:
Well, MS is way more in the red than Sony is in their gaming divisions. Thats a fact.

and it is really relevant....

well because the orignal question was

"

If 360 is such a failure as you keep posting, why has it already shipped 17.7 million when Xbox 1 only shipped 24-25 million it's whole life? And given that 360 ships at least 7-9 million per years, will overtake Xbox 1 by the end of 2008? Also while being more profitable?

More profitable and more sales, how is that not an improvement on Xbox 1?

It's a very simple question. And dont even forget 360 will most likely start selling MORE not less in the next 2-3 years most likely, because it's hardly even had any price drops yet! "

its not profitable yet i dont think, lol

really?? i think it makes it profit on software and that's what counts for developers

that wasnt the question, its not made profit for MS yet,

well it is making profit on that=))))

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
@ NJ5 - Why didnt u mention that sony's video game division is now in the black? Its not a billion dollars in the hole! Also, im talking about on video game division,not movies. If you take into account of the billions ms lost for the RROD issues and ms selling some of its shares last year-MS losses with nintendo gains brings the numbers back to almost what i said previously. Now a Joke 5

I did mention that they made profit in the last quarter. That's different from being in the black on the PS3, since they had billions in losses before that quarter. I really can't imagine what calculations you're doing to arrive at that conclusion. Give me some links, or just stop making vague assertions.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

kirby007 said:
rofl the real sonyboyz aren't anwsering=))))

hahaha don't know why, but that cracked me up.

Ehh... I don't hate the 360, but I'm sure no fan of M$ either. (sorry bill, Vista is just too messed up) I just like my PS3 better and it has more games that I like to play and imho it looks like it will have a better future. 

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

@ NJ5 -Why dont you give me a link stating sony had billions of losses before they had their last quarter in the black, instead of you making vague statements or assertions -then we can go from there.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

So we're going back to the basics?

Here you go:

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/er.html

PS: I didn't make any vague assertions, it was all pretty definite. I even gave you numbers and corresponding sources.

Around the Network

Or, if you want your work cut out for you:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=16119

PS3 era:

Fiscal 2006 - $1.9 billion loss

Fiscal 2007 - $965 million loss (no data for Q4 yet)

@NJ5 - The gaming division did not lose $1.9 billion,it was Sony's whole company! Im talking about one division in Sony,(the gaming division). So,you still are wrong. I knew sony's gaming division never lost billions.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Geez, arguing with you is like banging one's head into a wall. Did you really read the links I posted?

My work is done here.

@NJ5 - The gaming division did not lose $1.9 billion,it was Sony's whole company! Im talking about one division in Sony,(the gaming division). So,you still are wrong. I knew sony's gaming division never lost billions.

i was just going to say that,

in the news a few months ago it said the playstation3 is now making profit, which it is, sony made a loos due to money spent on blu-ray not the ps3

@ NJ5 -Yes,i did and not one link stated Sony's gaming division lost billions of dollars. It was Sony as a whole that lost $1.9 billion. Now,my work is done.