By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All Xbox 360 haters, answer me this question

FailureIsNotAnOption said:
NJ5 said:
libellule said:
Why NJ5 ?

Don't you see the stupidity of those two posters above? I posted several links with the proof they were asking me, and they still have the nerve to dismiss them without reading them properly (they obviously didn't).

I just picture that if Mr. Darwin was alive, he'd be helping natural selection along, which frankly seems to be lacking these days :P

@ NJ5 - We have read them and it says SCE lost $1.9 billion not just the gaming division lost billions and u know that! The vgchartz link even stated that. NO LINK SAYS Sony's gaming division lost $1.9 billion,NONE.

SCE.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

sony also lost alot with the 10million+ faulty batteries

simonutd said:
sony also lost alot with the 10million+ faulty batteries

wasn't that 3 years ago...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

yeah when they were made came to light end of 06, payouts were 07,

anyway the arguments and this thread werent about if the ps3 had made money or not,

it started with the statement that the 360 had made more profit than the original xbox, and i said no there still in debt with it, and the ps3 got brought in for some reason

NJ5 said:
FailureIsNotAnOption said:
NJ5 said:
libellule said:
Why NJ5 ?

Don't you see the stupidity of those two posters above? I posted several links with the proof they were asking me, and they still have the nerve to dismiss them without reading them properly (they obviously didn't).

I just picture that if Mr. Darwin was alive, he'd be helping natural selection along, which frankly seems to be lacking these days :P

@ NJ5 - We have read them and it says SCE lost $1.9 billion not just the gaming division lost billions and u know that! The vgchartz link even stated that. NO LINK SAYS Sony's gaming division lost $1.9 billion,NONE.

SCE.

Its a shame that you had to actually tell him that SCE is Sony's gaming division. Let's see if he is man enough to apologize....I doubt it.

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
Game_boy said:
NJ5 said:
@Game_boy: Do you realize that you can say the same, if not worse, about Sony with the PS3? They're also subsidizing it with the profits from their other divisions, and they're several billions in the hole already.

Yes, I hate PS3's tactics too, but Microsoft's are on a far larger scale (PS was profitable intermittently) and consumers suffer more (Halo/Rare acquisitions; at least Sony never did that).

(Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I don't have time to read the whole topic.)

Square? They didn't buy them outright, but they have 10% of them, which is quite a sizeable chunk. Conssidering that Square used to be big Nintendo supporters, I'd say it's the same thing (though it's not as dominant, since Square still makes the odd small game for Nintendo).

@Mirson: So? It's called your opinion. I could say "Wii offers AAA games as well as innovative input methods and the option to purchase a wide variety of classic games."

*looks at SE's DS line up*

DQIX is an "odd small game"? SE supports whoever is dominating Japan. Sony's 10% ownership has little sway over the company, aside from MAYBE giving Sony extra leeway to BUY exclusivity deals now that the ps3 is getting it's ass whooped by the Wii.

Does anyone have any source for Microsoft's profits/losses? If not don't post.

(On a side note, you cannot get actual profits or losses on Microsofts gaming, because its part of their entertainment division, which is not solely Xbox and Xbox related)

damkira said:

Rightly or wrongly, a failing console on this web site is the one who is in third place.. like the Gamecube last generation. Right now, that's PS3. Its not winning a single territory.

FIXED.

Failing? It has sustained its lead over the PS3 - yeah, the lead is no longer 7M, but it's still close enough - and true, the PS3 is STILL in third place. 

NJ5 said:
Geez, arguing with you is like banging one's head into a wall. Did you really read the links I posted?

My work is done here.

Dude ... I see no reason to argue with a n00b ... ignore him. 

NJ5 said:
libellule said:
Why NJ5 ?

I see Moe (Failureisanoptionforaps3fanbot) and Larry (Simoned), but where's Curly?