By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All Xbox 360 haters, answer me this question

XBOX360 seem to be not just dead in Japan but also half-dead in Europe. MS needs to build a strong base outside North America if it wishes to make their console a success on the level of the PS2.

Around the Network
FailureIsNotAnOption said:
NJ5 said:
libellule said:
Why NJ5 ?

Don't you see the stupidity of those two posters above? I posted several links with the proof they were asking me, and they still have the nerve to dismiss them without reading them properly (they obviously didn't).

I just picture that if Mr. Darwin was alive, he'd be helping natural selection along, which frankly seems to be lacking these days :P

@ NJ5 - We have read them and it says SCE lost $1.9 billion not just the gaming division lost billions and u know that! The vgchartz link even stated that. NO LINK SAYS Sony's gaming division lost $1.9 billion,NONE.

Evidently you didn't read them, or, you simply scrolled to the bottom, failed to understand the rows and columns of numbers, and continued with your troll posting.  

For the benfit of any others who may have never seen financial statements before let me break it down.  I'll be referencing the official SONY finanacial statements from their own website, and linked to by NJ5.

Step 1: Follow his link, find where it says FY 2007 Q3 then find where it says "Earnings Release."  Look over to the right, and you should notice a 393KB Pdf file.  Click on it.

Step 2: Scroll down to page F-8, as numbered in the document. Look toward the bottom of the page where it says operating income(loss).  In the 2007 column it says Sony's games division made 12,922 million yen, or 113 millio dollars of profit.  Hooray for Sony, PS3 fanboys rejoice.  Oh wait, those are just the numbers from the third quarter.  On to the next page, a much more sobering reality, and step 3.

Step 3: You should now be on page F-9.  Now, this page represents cumulative totals form the beginning of the fiscal year.  In the same location it says that fiscal year to date the games division has made (112,970) million yen, or (991) million dollars.  What do the parentheses mean? you ask.  Well I'll tell you.  It means that so far in fiscal 2007 Sony's games division has LOST 991 million dollars

A similar look at Sony's statement from FY 2006 Q4 reveals that ifor the fiscal year ending March 31, 2007 (FY 2006)  they lost that 1.9 billion dollars that FailureIsNotAnOption seems to be unable to find.  

Just follow the simple steps I outlined above to avoid confusion because for you in this thread phailure was really the only option.

my thing about microsoft is that i refuse to support them as a company. Windows is shoved down my throat and they are always trying to be sneaky about shoving in there products and taking over the industry. So i chose not to give my money to a company that i dont approve of. i am not saying that sony or nintendo are much better but i dont know about their sins. I have to live with ms.

Thats my two cents...

madskillz you are one of these reasons I come to this site, you rule man

@De85-parenthesis around a number does not mean negative numbers,a negative in front of a numeric number means a negative number. So,your point or statement is useless and has no merit. @madskillz-the new price is right comic,you're funny. "Eat the cake,Annie Mae!"

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Around the Network

@Failure

On financial statements parentheses DO mean losses.   That's why it says operating income(loss).    Have you ever even taken the most basic of accounting classes?  Come back and post again when you have at least done a minimum of research to support your outlandish claims.

Thanks De85.

Failure, I'm this close to reporting you as a troll. People have gone out of their way to try to inject some sense into your head, and you're still annoying everyone with unbased claims?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

FailureIsNotAnOption said:
@De85-parenthesis around a number does not mean negative numbers,a negative in front of a numeric number means a negative number. So,your point or statement is useless and has no merit. @madskillz-the new price is right comic,you're funny. "Eat the cake,Annie Mae!"

Parentheses do indicate negative values. Those are losses.

How to create a Financial Report. Relevant portion of the article: "Place the annual amount paid in parenthesis after the name of the expense."

Expenses are put in parenthesis. It is a loss.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

@ NJ5

Just doing my best to control the flow of misinformation. Hopefully now this issue can be laid to rest.

@ NJ5 - First of all, im not trolling cause i have given to credit to MS games they have,secondly the www.sony.net link u given me where it shows game sales and operating income does not show any ( )'s around its numbers only negative numbers or numbers by them selves. It does show -54.2 bin yen loss Q3 FY06 and Q3 FY07 12.9 bin yen gain for operating income. -54.2 bin yen loss does not equal to 1.9 billion loss for the gaming division. But hey, MS and Sony gaming divisions lost money but the turnaround for the better is coming with great games releasing from the ps3 and the 360. The numbers for my first reply were incorrect,for the record.I had the wrong data. (I see green in the very near future for the ps3)

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell