By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CryEngine 2 VS Reality!

MikeB said:

I read the CryEngine is heavily multi-threaded, so if the PS3 port is done right it could serve as a showpiece engine for the Cell.

Except it would look like shit compared to the PC version. No matter how good the Cell is, it just cant make up for a last-gen GPU.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Hmm, I think everyone has forgotten that the Bravia ad itself contains CGI, they didn't actually have those balls bouncing down the street you know. It would be better if they just showed the environments and stuff.

X-Man said:
Hmm, I think everyone has forgotten that the Bravia ad itself contains CGI, they didn't actually have those balls bouncing down the street you know. It would be better if they just showed the environments and stuff.

"The launch of the BRAVIA brand was supported by an advertising campaign featuring 250,000 brightly-colored rubber balls (real, not computer-generated) bouncing down a San Francisco street. The advertisement was made by former Danish photographer Nicolai Fuglsig."

And heres a video of the making of the advertisement, it shows how they used real bouncy balls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1bEOtpqYpA

X-Man said:

FAIL.  They're real.

But I do think Far Cry 2 looked more impressive than a scene like that.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Dallinor said:
X-Man said:

"The launch of the BRAVIA brand was supported by an advertising campaign featuring 250,000 brightly-colored rubber balls (real, not computer-generated) bouncing down a San Francisco street. The advertisement was made by former Danish photographer Nicolai Fuglsig."

And heres a video of the making of the advertisement, it shows how they used real bouncy balls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1bEOtpqYpA

I stand corrected, I feel sorry for the people who had to pick them all up.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
X-Man said:

FAIL.  They're real.

But I do think Far Cry 2 looked more impressive than a scene like that.

I know that now, no need to have a seizure.

sieanr said:
MikeB said:

I read the CryEngine is heavily multi-threaded, so if the PS3 port is done right it could serve as a showpiece engine for the Cell.

Except it would look like shit compared to the PC version. No matter how good the Cell is, it just cant make up for a last-gen GPU.

Leave MikeB alone Sieanr. You just have to accept the fact that will turn any topic, unrelated or no, into a topic about the Cell.

Comparing it to real life? 

I don't know if you guys need your eyes checked, but this is what I saw:

You guys are freaking funny... That ad is mostly CG with some things being shot on a street. You're comparing prerendered CG to a games engine. Both aren't "reality" so this has gotta be one of the silliest threads I've seen ;)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

MAN CryEngine 2! Can that run on PS3?

I went outside once, the graphics weren't as good as on PS3.

EDIT: The chick in the video was hotter in CryEngine 2 then she was in real life xD