By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN | Super Mario Galaxy Game of the Generation

Super Mario Galaxy is the best 3D Mario

And SM64! 71 32.27%

No doubt 123 55.91%

Galaxy 2 was like DLC 24 10.91%

Total:218

My personal game of the generation would have to be Xenoblade...
But Galaxy was great too...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network

Well deserved. There are other excellent games, but SMG is both excellent and innovative.

fluky-nintendy said:
Devil_Survivor said:
fluky-nintendy said:
Well I'll try this game on my PC and see for myself. A game better than TLOU? I must be missing everything about gaming then

Trust me, there are many better games than TLOU in the gameplaystoryglitch free department. 

I'll see and judge for myself, but I'm going to play it. And you, are you ever going to try and play TLOU? :P

Yes, its actually in my PS3 backlog ;).

Oh, just to remind this morning that SMG was done on the Wii. I can't imagine what will Nintendo going to do with a real 3D Mario on the Wii U. Truly, the best developer.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Ka-pi96 said:
Pavolink said:
Oh, just to remind this morning that SMG was done on the Wii. I can't imagine what will Nintendo going to do with a real 3D Mario on the Wii U. Truly, the best developer.

umm, does Super Mario 3D World not count?

No point in arguing with him, its not a "Real" 3D Mario for some odd reason. Maybe cuz its not SMG3 its not real, but hey 93 on metacritic shows it definitely cant be a Real One :P

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Pavolink said:

umm, does Super Mario 3D World not count?

I think it's a very good mix between 2D elements and 3D elements, but not full 3D like Galaxy, Sunshine or SM64. Miyamoto already said they will go back to Galaxy/3D Mario style in the future.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I have never played Galaxy 1 or 2 but from what I have heard about the games then part 1 getting GOTG is well deserved. I can also agree with their top 3 games as well in the order that they are in. but IMO Skyrim and GTAV should not be in the top 10 but then it is their opinion so no big deal I guess! Anyway congrats to SMG!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

I disagree with IGN choice of GOTG.The list was trash too :/

Game of the generation....for the Wii and Nintendo, yeah. But for gen7 as a whole? No.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

The whole list was absolute trash but I can get behind this pick...SMG/SMG2 were amazing games that really should be played by anyone who likes platformers.