By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN | Super Mario Galaxy Game of the Generation

Super Mario Galaxy is the best 3D Mario

And SM64! 71 32.27%

No doubt 123 55.91%

Galaxy 2 was like DLC 24 10.91%

Total:218

B-but Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Uncharted 2, and Uncharted 3!!!!!! Galaxy 1 and 2 would still go in the top 10 for me though.

Around the Network

Subjectively speaking, the list was pretty poor overall. :/ But Super Mario Galaxy is not a bad pick for #1 by any means.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

KylieDog said:
tbone51 said:
KylieDog said:
"it redefined the platforming genre. Again."

...by being a Mario 64 rehash!

You must hate gaming? I get that vibe off of you. Almost everything is rehash, i bet if it wasnt mario in the game it would be a rehash -_-

Most games last gen were rehashes.  Also if yo not mature enough to seperate fair criticism from hate you need get off the internet for a few years.

Well your criticism has its own definition, thats for sure

KylieDog said:
tbone51 said:
KylieDog said:
"it redefined the platforming genre. Again."

...by being a Mario 64 rehash!

You must hate gaming? I get that vibe off of you. Almost everything is rehash, i bet if it wasnt mario in the game it would be a rehash -_-

Most games last gen were rehashes.  Also if yo not mature enough to seperate fair criticism from hate you need get off the internet for a few years.

I wouldn't call it a rehash of Mario 64, since everything is just, well, too different. Plus, I see more collect-a-thon Platformers (Mario 64) coming out than games that are similar to Galaxy, so I'd say 64's the one that revolutioned 3D Platforming, and Galaxy didn't have the same effect.

What the guy responding really means is that he thinks you're trolling. So, if you're not, I would try to re-word your sentences.

superchunk said:
Kane1389 said:

I made my way up to the 7th world in SMG1 and World 4 in SMG2

So, still in the easy stuff. I mean you didn't even complete the first game. The hard levels start after the story ends. Story is for young'ns not core platformers.

/agree

Yeah, now a days Mario games the story mode is essentially just one long tutorial.

Anyone complaining about difficulty didn't play the later levels or hidden levels, ect.  If they did they woudl be complaining about the difficulty being too high if anything.

Around the Network

So where would you guys rank all of the 3d Marios?

Lol so now ign is relevant again for ninty fans :P ?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:

Not for me, IGNorant! The Nintendo journalist there suck, aside from 1 guy. The good ones left :( Also I pick at least 3 games over SMG for last gen, but it is a great game!

tbone51 said:
chapset said:

Not for me, IGNorant! The Nintendo journalist there suck, aside from 1 guy. The good ones left :( Also I pick at least 3 games over SMG for last gen, but it is a great game!

Which one guy? Peer and Jose are very good. The only nintendo journalist that "sucks" is Brian.

OverseasJet said:
So where would you guys rank all of the 3d Marios?

This is hard but here it goes... (the top 4 are all close to 100 for me, so its tough)

1. SM64

2. SMG

3. SM3DW

4. SMG2

5. SM3DL

6. SM Sunshine

I know SMG2>SMG in terms of overall gameplay but i liked the first a bit more.Also SM64 DS is great too but still a remake!