By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN | Super Mario Galaxy Game of the Generation

Super Mario Galaxy is the best 3D Mario

And SM64! 71 32.27%

No doubt 123 55.91%

Galaxy 2 was like DLC 24 10.91%

Total:218

I'd personally have picked TLOU (whoda' thought), but it's well deserved in its own right ^^

Around the Network

100 % agreed. SMG2 was somehow even better, but this came first and made a bigger impact.

It really is!!!
It made me love Nintendo All Over again after years!!!!

Switch!!!

I only played SMG2 but it was amazing, it also ranks very high in my personal top 10 (see sig)

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Well I'll try this game on my PC and see for myself. A game better than TLOU? I must be missing everything about gaming then

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network
superchunk said:
lol at all the salty anti-Nintendo gamers.

The game is amazing in many ways. Clearly redefining the genre, excellent gameplay, and good complexity when you're going 100%. Especially if you go for the Luigi 100%.

Sure story is more in depth in games like TLOU, but the game pales in gameplay and complexity.

complexity? You think mario games have complexity? All of his games consist of 2 major actions, jump and spin. It doesnt mean thats a bad thing, nor that it doesnt fit it's gameplay formula (it does) and that it doesnt have good gameplay, but its certanly not complexed (which again, is not a bad thing)

I liked Galaxy 2 much better.

Still, I wouldn't have chose it as my generation game. I think that was either the Mass Effect Trilogy, Dragon Age Origins or the Uncharted series.

Oh noes, here comes all The Last of US super fans to say how wrong IGN is for saying this lol.

random15 said:
What? Im not saying it does not deserve it. It was certainly a masterpiece but nintendo fans were saying IGN is IGNorant because of Twilight princess and xenoblade's rankings and that the list was a joke, but since SMG ranked 1 I guess its all fine. Smh hypocrisy at its finest. On topic SMG was amazing I got all stars with mario and luigi. Just remembering the fire and ice levels brings some good memories. Top 5 no doubt.

I agree with you about Xenoblade and Zelda, however they should be given credit for not just giving it to GTA 5 or TLOU.

fluky-nintendy said:
Well I'll try this game on my PC and see for myself. A game better than TLOU? I must be missing everything about gaming then

Trust me, there are many better games than TLOU in the gameplaystoryglitch free department.