By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN | Super Mario Galaxy Game of the Generation

Super Mario Galaxy is the best 3D Mario

And SM64! 71 32.27%

No doubt 123 55.91%

Galaxy 2 was like DLC 24 10.91%

Total:218

And suddenly people bashing IGN will praise them now, just like they did with Gamespot.

Around the Network

Deserved.

But the overall list is crap indeed.

It's a great game, but GOTG...

Very strange list, there are some pretty wierd choices in top 20.

Anyway, Bioshock 1 is No.1 IMO.

Which is better, 1 or 2.

Lol @ the butthurt reaction in the comment section of the article.

Around the Network

While a lot of people will argue over the 'rank' of these games as if they are a true official scale of the greatest games rather than a collective opinion, I think we should all take a look at the list and bask in the glory of all those games. 100 absolute gems...

The generation served us well. All of them are number 1

Mystro-Sama said:
Which is better, 1 or 2.

2 is usually considered better overall, but Galaxy started it all. 2 was viewed more of a "perfection" of the formula, but the first was revolutionary for the genre specifically.

OT: Extremely well deserved. It would hold more weight if their list was actually worth a damn, though.

bubblegamer said:
And suddenly people bashing IGN will praise them now, just like they did with Gamespot.

If you had read the thread, you wouldn't have made such an accusation.

superchunk said:
naruball said:
superchunk said:
lol at all the salty anti-Nintendo gamers.

The game is amazing in many ways. Clearly redefining the genre, excellent gameplay, and good complexity when you're going 100%. Especially if you go for the Luigi 100%.

Sure story is more in depth in games like TLOU, but the game pales in gameplay and complexity.

Nothing to do with "salty anti-Nintendo gamers". It's just a matter of opinion. I played it and didn't enjoy it (didn't even finish it). I could see that it was a good game; I just didn't find myself having fun, so I stopped. Do people really not get how opinions work? TLOU got hundreds of GOTY reviews and still many people said that they didn't like it. Were they "salty" as well? I doubt it.

Opinions are one thing. But most people whining about the rating are those they never played it.

And a lot of people who praise Super Mario Galaxy as GOTG haven't played ps360 exclusives. It goes both ways, really. You also can't know for sure just how many of those people you are accusing of not having played it actually played it. I think calling people "salty" or "butthurt" never leads to anything good. Just appreciate the game for how good you think it is and forget about them. 

Question is, can they do it again?