By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN | Super Mario Galaxy Game of the Generation

Super Mario Galaxy is the best 3D Mario

And SM64! 71 32.27%

No doubt 123 55.91%

Galaxy 2 was like DLC 24 10.91%

Total:218

What? Im not saying it does not deserve it. It was certainly a masterpiece but nintendo fans were saying IGN is IGNorant because of Twilight princess and xenoblade's rankings and that the list was a joke, but since SMG ranked 1 I guess its all fine. Smh hypocrisy at its finest. On topic SMG was amazing I got all stars with mario and luigi. Just remembering the fire and ice levels brings some good memories. Top 5 no doubt.

Around the Network

I loved this game and the sequel but no not the game of the generation in my opinion no way.

It really was some kind of unique experience. I haven't been so thrilled to play a game and so amazed before like in Super Mario Galaxy. Even 3D World, which is an awesome game btw, doesn't leave the same impression of grand and epic.

I wanted to say well-earned, but its such an absolute truth that 2 was basically DLC, especially given how awesomely Nintendo do DLC now that they actually do it.

Though I think they should have rated Project M and Brawl separately from Brawl.

Incredible game with a stunning soundtrack. Well deserved.

Around the Network

Good idea! We need to post the soundtrack.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Hopefully Nintendo delivers another amazing real 3D Mario in the coming years.

What does that mean?

3D World was an amazing "real" 3D Mario game

1doesnotsimply

GoldenGamer said:
Their opinion, but I would not even put it int eh top 30 of last generation personally.

Just to ask, what Nintendo game do you think did?

For me:
1) Super Mario 64 DS (10)
2) Super Mario 64 (9,8)
3) Super Mario Galaxy 2 (9,5)
4) Super Mario Galaxy (9,5)
5) Super Mario Sunschine (8,2)

Agreed.

It was the best game of the last generation, if you count Twilight Princess as a 6th Gen game (which I personally do). Uncharted 2 would be my runner-up.