Super Mario Galaxy is the best 3D Mario

And SM64! 71 32.27%

No doubt 123 55.91%

Galaxy 2 was like DLC 24 10.91%

Total:218
VanceIX said:
Richard_Feynman said:
Pavolink said:

I can only imagine how good it looked on dolphin.

It's one of my favourite topics. I often show people Smash Bros or Metroid:Prime powered by a monster pc on a huuuuuuge tv and they don't believe that the games are over 10 years old. Metroid Prime is breathtaking.

Metroid Prime is terrible on Dolphin. Stuttering issues due to emulation of the architecture makes playing on a Gamecube much more preferable. 

lol. Noway man.

Dolphin 3.0. Widescreen hack 1080p 60fps.

Around the Network

Their opinion, but I would not even put it int eh top 30 of last generation personally.

Alright game overall, but the best? Not in my books.

I have had Wii and PS3 for the last gen. It would definitely have been in my top 20, perhaps sneaking into my top 10

Richard_Feynman said:
VanceIX said:
Richard_Feynman said:
Pavolink said:

I can only imagine how good it looked on dolphin.

It's one of my favourite topics. I often show people Smash Bros or Metroid:Prime powered by a monster pc on a huuuuuuge tv and they don't believe that the games are over 10 years old. Metroid Prime is breathtaking.

Metroid Prime is terrible on Dolphin. Stuttering issues due to emulation of the architecture makes playing on a Gamecube much more preferable. 

lol. Noway man.

Dolphin 3.0. Widescreen hack 1080p 60fps.

Nope. Microstuttering is a huge issue no matter how powerful your PC is due to fundamental differences between x86 and GC architecture. If you play the GC version, it's MUCH smoother, even if it doesn't look glorious on a huge TV.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

I felt like Galaxy 2 had much better levels than Galaxy 1, it was a sharper game. Although I liked the overall world of Mario Galaxy 1 better.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

lol at all the salty anti-Nintendo gamers.

The game is amazing in many ways. Clearly redefining the genre, excellent gameplay, and good complexity when you're going 100%. Especially if you go for the Luigi 100%.

Sure story is more in depth in games like TLOU, but the game pales in gameplay and complexity.

Wagram said:
Alright game overall, but the best? Not in my books.

just alright? i mean if you dont like platforms its understandable, but this is not just an alright game.

VanceIX said:

Nope. Microstuttering is a huge issue no matter how powerful your PC is due to fundamental differences between x86 and GC architecture. If you play the GC version, it's MUCH smoother, even if it doesn't look glorious on a huge TV.

This is my last post on this topic as I don't want to derail the thread.

Yeah it does happen in general - I agree. 

I was mistaken though - I meant Dolphin 4.0. Sorry a typo.

But it really isn't as bad as you think. TV is a motionflow so that probably helps too.

A friend of mine loves this game to death!

And I agree, this is a great game. Not the one I would have chosen for game of the generation, though, but I respect IGN's decision.