Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN | Super Mario Galaxy Game of the Generation

Super Mario Galaxy is the best 3D Mario

And SM64! 71 32.27%

No doubt 123 55.91%

Galaxy 2 was like DLC 24 10.91%

Total:218
pariz said:
I liked Galaxy 2 much better.

Still, I wouldn't have chose it as my generation game. I think that was either the Mass Effect Trilogy, Dragon Age Origins or the Uncharted series.

Just curious, what Mass Efect game would you have choosen as GOTG?

Around the Network

Just IGN's opinion folks. Lets all go easy on each other and not shoot everyone down for their thoughts.

Especially given you're all wrong and clearly ME2 or ME3 are the only viable candidates for Game of the Generation.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I couldnt vote, but my answer is nope. It was damn good but not that good in my opinion.

I've never looked so much forward to play a game like I did with Galaxy. So much hype. Of course it's the best game of the generation, especially in my eyes.

It has some faults in my opinion, namely the purple coin missions and some other very small details, but the good FAR outshines the bad in this game. My favourite video game (at times).

Want to play it now...

Yep.

Well deserved.

Interesting this is coming from ign.

Around the Network

A good choice. The art, music, Rosalina and superb level design really made it a masterpiece well worthy of a Game of the Generation award.

sabastian said:
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But game of the generation ?

Not even close.

I look at your profile pic and your games collection, and they lead me to ask this:

Have you even played Galaxy?

Well fucking deserved.

Devil_Survivor said:
fluky-nintendy said:
Well I'll try this game on my PC and see for myself. A game better than TLOU? I must be missing everything about gaming then

Trust me, there are many better games than TLOU in the gameplaystoryglitch free department. 

I'll see and judge for myself, but I'm going to play it. And you, are you ever going to try and play TLOU? :P

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

Well, better than Last of Us.

I'd have picked Bioshock though. Such incredible atmosphere.