Super Mario Galaxy is the best 3D Mario

And SM64! 71 32.27%

No doubt 123 55.91%

Galaxy 2 was like DLC 24 10.91%

Total:218
KylieDog said:
"it redefined the platforming genre. Again."

...by being a Mario 64 rehash!

Now imagine if it was original and not a rehash. What a shame that more powerful consoles like PS3 or 360 can't beat a rehash on Wii.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Well, at least they got the game of the genration right!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Well, at least they got the game of the genration right!

Yeah, Skyward Sword should be 2.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

KylieDog said:
"it redefined the platforming genre. Again."

...by being a Mario 64 rehash!

You must hate gaming? I get that vibe off of you. Almost everything is rehash, i bet if it wasnt mario in the game it would be a rehash -_-

Kane1389 said:
superchunk said:
lol at all the salty anti-Nintendo gamers.

The game is amazing in many ways. Clearly redefining the genre, excellent gameplay, and good complexity when you're going 100%. Especially if you go for the Luigi 100%.

Sure story is more in depth in games like TLOU, but the game pales in gameplay and complexity.

complexity? You think mario games have complexity? All of his games consist of 2 major actions, jump and spin. It doesnt mean thats a bad thing, nor that it doesnt fit it's gameplay formula (it does) and that it doesnt have good gameplay, but its certanly not complexed (which again, is not a bad thing)

You clearly haven't played it or maybe not beyond the beginning simple levels.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Kane1389 said:
superchunk said:
lol at all the salty anti-Nintendo gamers.

The game is amazing in many ways. Clearly redefining the genre, excellent gameplay, and good complexity when you're going 100%. Especially if you go for the Luigi 100%.

Sure story is more in depth in games like TLOU, but the game pales in gameplay and complexity.

complexity? You think mario games have complexity? All of his games consist of 2 major actions, jump and spin. It doesnt mean thats a bad thing, nor that it doesnt fit it's gameplay formula (it does) and that it doesnt have good gameplay, but its certanly not complexed (which again, is not a bad thing)

You clearly haven't played it or maybe not beyond the beginning simple levels.

I made my way up to the 7th world in SMG1 and World 4 in SMG2

Kane1389 said:

I made my way up to the 7th world in SMG1 and World 4 in SMG2

So, still in the easy stuff. I mean you didn't even complete the first game. The hard levels start after the story ends. Story is for young'ns not core platformers.

Ka-pi96 said:

That right there pretty much proves that it is undeserved.

It doesn't matter if 1 started it, 2 was better and so should be ranked higher than 1.

I never said anything about IGN being smart enough to make that connection. In fact, I said their list wasn't worth a damn. So bring that up with the editors who created this thrown together "Best" list.

It's also not undeserved. Bad word choice.

I have not played the game, but from what I have heard, SMG innovated in terms of gameplay in the platform genre. And I really missed innovation in gameplay the previous generation, so I think it deserves #1.

Huh I didn't expect SMG to win it or Portal 2 to be that high either but both are one of my favourite games of last gen so I'm not complaining.