By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW/ USA SW Up 17th May 2014

cpg716 said:
I am sure I will get flack for this but.. as far as Europe goes.. Xbox One is in just 8 European countries.. the PS4 is in over 20 of them.. Obviously Xbox One will track behind.

Again.. I am NOT saying the X1 would be tied if they are in equal.. the gap would be smaller. When September comes with a new price point for X1.. we could see some ground made up possibly.. But we all know that the PS4 will likely always be ahead in most of Europe with the UK being the one possible exception.

I get your point but Xbox One is in more than 8 European countries. Xbox One is sold both in retail and online stores all over Europe. What is sold here is actually skewing the US and UK numbers where I'm sure the PS4 would have an even larger lead without the inflation from the 26 countries.

The pic below is from the Scandinavian retailer "Elgiganten" that only operates in Finland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

Edit: mornelithe and poklane beat me to it big time

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

cpg716 said:
I am sure I will get flack for this but.. as far as Europe goes.. Xbox One is in just 8 European countries.. the PS4 is in over 20 of them.. Obviously Xbox One will track behind.

Do you really believe that the reason that MS is selling 3M consoles less than sony worldwide and going as far as halting production of consoles is because they couldn't make more consoles and are supply constrained in the territories they are already in? Don't drink the MS coolaid, MS didn't launch in those territories simply cause by their own analysis they knew they performed poorly last gen in those areas and thought to concentrate in the areas where they at least performed better. Distribution 101.

I am sorry you only read the first lines of posts.. I said towards the end that Xbox One would NOT outsell the PS4 even after having parity release. I just said the gap would be less. I said that the UK was likely the only part of Europe where Xbox One could pull ahead, as we know that PS3 did better in all the rest of Europe.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

I fail to understand why PS4 ''sells'' so high whereas the games dont. Overtracked for sure and has been for a while.

foodfather said:
I fail to understand why PS4 ''sells'' so high whereas the games dont. Overtracked for sure and has been for a while.

Games are probably undertracked, whether it be physical or digital is anyones guess.

Mike_L said:
cpg716 said:

Again.. I am NOT saying the X1 would be tied if they are in equal.. the gap would be smaller. When September comes with a new price point for X1.. we could see some ground made up possibly.. But we all know that the PS4 will likely always be ahead in most of Europe with the UK being the one possible exception.

I get your point but Xbox One is in more than 8 European countries. Xbox One is sold both in retail and online stores all over Europe. What is sold here is actually skewing the US and UK numbers where I'm sure the PS4 would have an even larger lead without the inflation from the 26 countries.

The pic below is from the Scandinavian retailer "Elgiganten" that only operates in Finland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

So there's this, along with drkohler's explanation that he's said more times than I have fingers and toes, and yet the "13 vs 72" argument keeps being parroted over and over as a reason why XBone sales aren't noticeably higher. It's getting old.

And the worst part is that many of these countries (like Costa Rica, Israel, UAE, and Belgium) have populations less than a single state in the US! Imagine how silly people would look if they said "I bet XBone sales are gonna go up 5K.....when it releases in Pennsylvania".

edit: I mean, wasn't there a thread that, albeit, was speculatory for this gen based on sales from last gen, showed that the countries the Xbone aren't in only accounted for like 15% of the 360s sales or something? Xbone isn't being as well received as 360, so chances are than percentage would be lower, but lets just roll with 15%. A 15% unit boost to this week is still only 56k total.

Around the Network
foodfather said:

The specs (better multiplats), price gap, and offcourse the brand, which promises great titles in the future. Right now PS4 sells PS4, and it is scary to think what it will sell when system sellers actually start coming.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

These sales are making me cry!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

sales2099 said:
foodfather said:

The specs (better multiplats), price gap, and offcourse the brand, which promises great titles in the future. Right now PS4 sells PS4, and it is scary to think what it will sell when system sellers actually start coming.

Great coment. The PS4 is selling very good without much games, sales will be high AF when games like Uncharted start releasing.

Vita?... Vita!?!... VITAAAAAAA!!!!

foodfather said:

down play much? just accept it move on.