By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW/ USA SW Up 17th May 2014

well there goes the 60k baseline prediction

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
cpg716 said:
I am sure I will get flack for this but.. as far as Europe goes.. Xbox One is in just 8 European countries.. the PS4 is in over 20 of them.. Obviously Xbox One will track behind.

Again.. I am NOT saying the X1 would be tied if they are in equal.. the gap would be smaller. When September comes with a new price point for X1.. we could see some ground made up possibly.. But we all know that the PS4 will likely always be ahead in most of Europe with the UK being the one possible exception.

Always this same excuse ps4 is outselling xbox one is majority of countries where both console was launched there.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

cpg716 said:
I am sure I will get flack for this but.. as far as Europe goes.. Xbox One is in just 8 European countries.. the PS4 is in over 20 of them.. Obviously Xbox One will track behind.

Again.. I am NOT saying the X1 would be tied if they are in equal.. the gap would be smaller. When September comes with a new price point for X1.. we could see some ground made up possibly.. But we all know that the PS4 will likely always be ahead in most of Europe with the UK being the one possible exception.

Problem with xbox one is that it has inferior multi platforms support and price same as PS4 from June, so people will buy Xbox one in europe only if they have exclusives they want otherwise they go to PS4 which they prefer more just like PS3 and its best for multiplatforms now than PS3 which XBox360 had before. Xbox one is lost in Europe mostly this time unless they have compelling software even if it does can't come close to PS4. Only US is Xbox one territory this gen and will always trail behind PS4 by good margin like PS2 gen but better than Xbox. 

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

So vgchartz didn't adjust the 3DS?

This weeks numbers aren't exciting, but at least the PS4 is at the top.

think-man said:
well least my boy the ps4 is doing alright. sucks about my other boy the vita though.

Its doing great, its in 2nd in the country of DOOMED! :p

Around the Network

Given all the posts about how PS4 is going to fail, as of late, it's kind of ironic seeing how genuinely bad the XBone did this past week. I mean, wtf? It's almost cut in half from last week and it just barely beat out the PS3. I guess one could argue that it's because of the recent SKU announcement, but I doubt it sincerely.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Vita numbers just cant be right in NA. Or Borderlands 2 arent.

now, this is interesting!!

WiiU is so close to XboxOne in Europe, Mario Kart 8 will push it well above! the thing is for how long

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Poor PS3 minecraft :(

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Wow this is sad. Weakest hardware sales I've seen for a while.

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!