By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW/ USA SW Up 17th May 2014

The 360's lowest worldwide sales week on VGC was March 11th, 2006 at 61,215 units.

After adjustments, the XBox One one has been below that number for the past 4 weeks.

Around the Network

Everything besides PS4 is pretty abysmal.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

The 3rd best selling platform under 50k, horrible.

I am sure I will get flack for this but.. as far as Europe goes.. Xbox One is in just 8 European countries.. the PS4 is in over 20 of them.. Obviously Xbox One will track behind.

Again.. I am NOT saying the X1 would be tied if they are in equal.. the gap would be smaller. When September comes with a new price point for X1.. we could see some ground made up possibly.. But we all know that the PS4 will likely always be ahead in most of Europe with the UK being the one possible exception.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:
Finally VGC shows PS4 > XB1 in the usa. i hope now we wont get silly comments like this

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6258420

Aww shucks.  If you can't see that thread and my posts for what they were actually about then that's not my problem matey. 

Keep smiling. 

oh i can see exactly what they were matey.

Around the Network

well least my boy the ps4 is doing alright. sucks about my other boy the vita though.

cpg716 said:
I am sure I will get flack for this but.. as far as Europe goes.. Xbox One is in just 8 European countries.. the PS4 is in over 20 of them.. Obviously Xbox One will track behind.

Again.. I am NOT saying the X1 would be tied if they are in equal.. the gap would be smaller. When September comes with a new price point for X1.. we could see some ground made up possibly.. But we all know that the PS4 will likely always be ahead in most of Europe with the UK being the one possible exception.

It's a good point, but at the same time, I know that people who want X1's in countries where it hasn't officially launched yet, are getting them.  And that was apparent when games like Titanfall were ranking in top sales for X1, in countries where it hadn't officially launched.  They may see a slight uptick, but I don't think it'll be that much.

But no, no flack.  It's worth discussing because we won't really know until they launch in those areas.  Either way, should be interesting.

Xenostar said:
X1 getting to Wii U levels in Europe, scary :(

Microsoft ''We haven't launched in all European markets yet'' While everyone in Europe can just buy one...

kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:
Finally VGC shows PS4 > XB1 in the usa. i hope now we wont get silly comments like this

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6258420

Aww shucks.  If you can't see that thread and my posts for what they were actually about then that's not my problem matey. 

Keep smiling. 

That thread was users calling into question the sales numbers because they seemed wrong and your posts were, in response to the questioning, "take these numbers at face value, despite all the evidence showing that PS4 > XBone in America" because "VGC is our only source at the moment" with asking, rhetorically, where are other users' numbers are to compare "since they are a tracker". But anyone could easily see that the sentiment behind it was "these numbers show the Xbone ahead of PS4 in America, so I want this to be accepted as it is beneficial to my console of choice". Nobody had to be a professional tracker to see that despite price cuts at many major retailers and Titanfall being released as well as bundled for free (amongst other bundles such as Forza and a year of Gold), if the Xbone couldn't beat the PS4 in the US March, why in the world would it do so in a week in April when the price went back to $499 everywhere with no major releases that week?

OT: Low, low week overall. Watch_Dogs ought to bring the XBone and PS4 up some when it releases

Finally, the XBO doesn't seem to be being overtracked this week. Even though i expect it to be like 5k less. PS4 seems on track for another 400k+ month.

EDIT:

And yh, I know these are low numbers all round, but I tend to look at global performance more than regional performance. So what I am getting from this month so far and last month is that the PS4 has flatlined to around 500k a month globally. In the period thats arguably known to be the slowest period of the year. I think thats pretty good.