By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW/ USA SW Up 17th May 2014

BMaker11 said:
kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:
Finally VGC shows PS4 > XB1 in the usa. i hope now we wont get silly comments like this

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6258420

Aww shucks.  If you can't see that thread and my posts for what they were actually about then that's not my problem matey. 

Keep smiling. 

That thread was users calling into question the sales numbers because they seemed wrong and your posts were, in response to the questioning, "take these numbers at face value, despite all the evidence showing that PS4 > XBone in America" because "VGC is our only source at the moment" with asking, rhetorically, where are other users' numbers are to compare "since they are a tracker". But anyone could easily see that the sentiment behind it was "these numbers show the Xbone ahead of PS4 in America, so I want this to be accepted as it is beneficial to my console of choice". Nobody had to be a professional tracker to see that despite price cuts at many major retailers and Titanfall being released as well as bundled for free (amongst other bundles such as Forza and a year of Gold), if the Xbone couldn't beat the PS4 in the US March, why in the world would it do so in a week in April when the price went back to $499 everywhere with no major releases that week?

OT: Low, low week overall. Watch_Dogs ought to bring the XBone and PS4 up some when it releases

I honestly wouldn't bother. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

cpg716 said:
I am sure I will get flack for this but.. as far as Europe goes.. Xbox One is in just 8 European countries.. the PS4 is in over 20 of them.. Obviously Xbox One will track behind.

Do you really believe that the reason that MS is selling 3M consoles less than sony worldwide and going as far as halting production of consoles is because they couldn't make more consoles and are supply constrained in the territories they are already in? Don't drink the MS coolaid, MS didn't launch in those territories simply cause by their own analysis they knew they performed poorly last gen in those areas and thought to concentrate in the areas where they at least performed better. Distribution 101.

Dat small Wii U boost. Biggest non holiday one I've seen for the Wii U two weeks before a launch of a major game, hopefully it keeps up.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Intrinsic said:

cpg716 said:
I am sure I will get flack for this but.. as far as Europe goes.. Xbox One is in just 8 European countries.. the PS4 is in over 20 of them.. Obviously Xbox One will track behind.

Do you really believe that the reason that MS is selling 3M consoles less than sony worldwide and going as far as halting production of consoles is because they couldn't make more consoles and are supply constrained in the territories they are already in? Don't drink the MS coolaid, MS didn't launch in those territories simply cause by their own analysis they knew they performed poorly last gen in those areas and thought to concentrate in the areas where they at least performed better. Distribution 101.

Well its more the red tape associated with localizing kinect. Come September X1 will finally be out, as well as a kinectless sku which will make non-english launches go even smoother.

That said, PS4 is in 74 countries and X1 is only 13. If they were even id venture to say that X1 global sales would be 10-20k more weekly easy.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Poor PS3 minecraft :(

Minecraft is pure legs and this physical release is like printing money for Sony/Mohjang, nobody has to feel sorry for it.

Around the Network

what happened to the xbone in the us ?
even vgchartz tracking ps4 above xbone ...

the coming price cut maybe.

but there is a light of hope ... vgchartz were wrong the past 5months ?
maybe they were wrong this month too and xbone > ps4

Intrinsic said:

cpg716 said:

MS didn't launch in those territories simply cause by their own analysis they knew they performed poorly last gen in those areas and thought to concentrate in the areas where they at least performed better. Distribution 101.

Sigh... for the one hundredth time:

XBox One has been selling all over Europe since January. Contrary of what you think, it is not Microsoft that sells consoles in European shops, it is shops that sell consoles. For example, the Metro Group (Mediamakt, Saturn, etc) has shops all over mainland Europe, and they have XBox Ones in those shops. Let's not even talk about all those European internet dealers that bought tons of $450 US Titan bundles and resold them way below official XBox One prices (while MediaMarkts were sitting on their units..).

Lusche said:
what happened to the xbone in the us ?
even vgchartz tracking ps4 above xbone ...

the coming price cut maybe.

but there is a light of hope ... vgchartz were wrong the past 5months ?
maybe they were wrong this month too and xbone > ps4

Even NPD has put the PS4 above the XB1 for like the last 4 months, VGChartz isn't wrong, they are even overtracking XB1 with the 33k if anything, it's probably like 20k-25k.

Good god, the xbox one took a nose dive.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Big questions are how bad will May be for the X1 and how much of a bounce back will June be for it.