By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW/ USA SW Up 17th May 2014

NintendoPie said:
DerNebel said:
So vgchartz didn't adjust the 3DS?

What's going on with the 3DS numbers in general? They are lower here than on the actual charts. 

What do you mean? I was just talking about how vgchartz still has the 3DS selling more than it actually shipped.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

What do you mean? I was just talking about how vgchartz still has the 3DS selling more than it actually shipped.

Look at my edit. 

I was thinking this thread was the same as the data that was just released on the homepage. I confused myself.

Mummelmann said:
This is going to be one slow summer for sure. This is a pretty terrible week all in all, the roughly comparable same week from 2007 yielded about 950.000 hardware sales and some people will keep on refusing to believe that we're seeing a market contraction for consoles.

Well of course there is contraction, there is no Wii equivalent.  I'd be surprised if total hardware reached 200 million for the home consoles this gen, when it's over 260 million last gen, and that's almost entirely due to the Wii (and perhaps a shorter gen this time around)

Mummelmann said:
This is going to be one slow summer for sure. This is a pretty terrible week all in all, the roughly comparable same week from 2007 yielded about 950.000 hardware sales and some people will keep on refusing to believe that we're seeing a market contraction for consoles.

The market contraction doesn't matter, Mummel. As long as PS4 looks like it's doing great nothing is wrong.

Mummelmann said:

I thought it was generally accepted that of course it's not going to be as high as last gen. The Wii invited a lot of casuals to come and play. They left so the Wii U has no chance to repeat the monster sales of the Wii. Everything is just going back to normal but with a few changes.

Around the Network

VGC finally tracking good in the US? would be funny if XB1 is ahead this month lol

3DS is plummeting, software has been poor this year

Terrible X1 numbers, Wii U will be ahead for a couple of weeks because of MK8 which will be nice to see

PS4 numbers are ok, hopefully undertracked a bit, exclusive marketing for Watch Dogs potentially gives it a nice bump in the coming weeks

Summer will be awful.  After Watch Dogs there is three months with nothing to move systems until Destiny.

NintendoPie said:
Mummelmann said:

The market contraction doesn't matter, Mummel. As long as PS4 looks like it's doing great nothing is wrong.

Sigh, everything is fine....the only thing that is contracted is the casual wii market, we are back to the ps2 gen. Come fall sales will spike again and still be way ahead of where last gen HD consoels were.

Phantom-Lord said:

Sigh, everything is fine....the only thing that is contracted is the casual wii market, we are back to the ps2 gen.

Thank you for even further proving my point.

NintendoPie said:
Phantom-Lord said:

Sigh, everything is fine....the only thing that is contracted is the casual wii market, we are back to the ps2 gen.

Thank you for even further proving my point.

Hurry up with the new avatar. It's confusing seeing you with nothing like a new user.