By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2014 NPD Thread!

bigjon said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Aerys said:
Burek : But not everybody will know for the price drop.

Then nothing will change.

agreed. To me the kinect features were a wildcard. Would they catch on. who knew. No we have 2X 399 consoles one being more powerful than the other. I always said a 399 XB1 w/ Kinect was there only shot to beat the PS4 in US (forgot WW, not even an interesting discussion).

Only way XB1 beats PS4 in US is something like-   MS buy GTA6 exclusive, MS buys CoD Exclusive, or a combination of a bunch of other IPs. Notice All involved MS BUYING. The fact they dont innovate their own shit is catching up to them, You can only buy success so long.

This^^  Investing in first party games is the best thing to do long term speaking.When you see Sony or Nintendo logo on the intro you know will never gonna be release on PC/other platforms,but when you see MS logo though.... maybe comes to PC?! or maybe third party breaks the deal and release a "off the records" version?!

Around the Network

I don't see what's so bad about this NPD. PS4 posted good numbers considering it's in a barren month, and let's remember the system IS still $400 which is a lot of money considering real wages have fallen every year since 2007 or so, XBONE is poor, but then again the Xbox brand isn't that strong, most of their gains wasn't because of themselves, more sony's idiocy last gen, it's priced $500 and it's last big game released at the start of last month, compared to the end like sony's. Then the WiiU is completely down to Nintendo, it's still too expensive for what it is, and Nintendo still hasn't learn't a thing since the N64, and this has been clear for a fair while now, so I don't know why people are expecting it to do well, and I doubt it'll pass 20m sales.

Then the handhelds...When you get off to as bad a start that the Vita did it's no wonder it's all but dead (far to expensive for a handheld, and sony (seemingly) did nothing to get the 3rd parties on board apart from a few pitiful efforts every now and again whilst also not supporting it themselves. And Finally the 3ds is doing as well as you could expect really, considering it's now 3 years since it's last price cut, there hasn't been any big software releases this year and Nintendo systems only really have a lifetime of 4 years, 5 at most. Expect e3 announcement of the XL being $150 and the normal being $120 and 2DS $99 which will re-vitalise the handheld with the titles that are coming at the end of the year.

VGC numbers are looking like a joke compared to these. I know they are estimates, but currently they are more like random guesses.

tbone51 Halo 5 is like 18 months away and SO doesn't even have a release date yet. Considering all that's going on with the XB1 you might as well put it on hold. So either get PS4 now and XB1 later or don't get any now and decide later.

Porcupeth said:
tbone51 Halo 5 is like 18 months away and SO doesn't even have a release date yet. Considering all that's going on with the XB1 you might as well put it on hold. So either get PS4 now and XB1 later or don't get any now and decide later.

Yeah, i meant if the rumor was true for halo 2-4 thing! Also i wont be getting a new console this year. If anything i'll bite for a vita tv (for holidsy):)

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
kopstudent89 said:
So it's Wii U's chance to redeem itself really this month. Needs to at least match the levels of PS4/XBone this month (though both aren't doin that well really)

lol i love posts like this. sellng 4x as much as wii u and 2x xb1 isnt doing well lol

Eh,  Using the sole competition as the barometer for success can be troublesome.

If  run a 30 minute mile, and beat an old person and a dude with 1 leg by 2X and 4X I wouldn't say I was doing well.

The PS4 number isn't that bad....  buuuut if you look back a couple pages on the prediction League.

Only 4 guesses under 199K.

46 above 199K

That's clearly below average as far as performing vs expectations.

Not as bad as the Xbone which completely undershot all expectations but there you go.

When compaired vs itself, the number is somewhat dissapointing.

It's just a really weak month for all consoles.  The question is... why?

Kasz216 said:

Eh,  Using the sole competition as the barometer for success can be troublesome.

If  run a 30 minute mile, and beat an old person and a dude with 1 leg by 2X and 4X I wouldn't say I was doing well.

The PS4 number isn't that bad....  buuuut if you look back a couple pages on the prediction League.

46 above 199K

Not as bad as the Xbone which completely undershot all expectations but there you go.

Trials Fusion being the biggest retail release across the two new consoles tells a lot of the story imo

Kasz216 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
kopstudent89 said:
So it's Wii U's chance to redeem itself really this month. Needs to at least match the levels of PS4/XBone this month (though both aren't doin that well really)

lol i love posts like this. sellng 4x as much as wii u and 2x xb1 isnt doing well lol

46 above 199K

We all know the numbers weren't great, but we can't say they were exactly bad without putting in context that a lot of console were sold in the launch, maybe it acelerated to soon and now it will lag a little to then enter the normal sales curve.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

hating on vgc for having wrong numbers is silly, hating it for not adjusting the numbers on the new data ASAP is something i can fully support.
XO and vita being off here has been beaten to death, rest actually is with 15% and that 4 weeks before the NPD data release is pretty awesome

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
hating on vgc for having wrong numbers is silly, hating it for not adjusting the numbers on the new data ASAP is something i can fully support.
XO and vita being off here has been beaten to death, rest actually is with 15% and that 4 weeks before the NPD data release is pretty awesome

What about hating on people asking the numbers to be corrected?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."