By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox ONE $399 (Kinectless) GOLD services confirmed Lots of info inside.

That's the last shred of their initial vision gone then.

They totally misjudged the market with this product. It could have been so much better, and so much more viable, from the very start. Now they're stuck with a weaker machine, which at the same price, offers nothing notably different.

It's certainly a step in the right direction and they deserve credit for making tough calls in the name of staying competitive. Just imagine though, what they could have achieved, if this had been their focus from the very start?

"If you can't beat em' join em'" is an apt phrase right now. The Xbone has just completely imitated the PS4's approach.

It will be interesting to see the impact this has on sales. This generations sales just got interesting again.

Around the Network
Azerth said:
DarkWraith said:
"[A Kinect-less Xbox One] is not in our plans at all," he stressed.

"As we've said from the very beginning, we believe Kinect is an absolutely integral part of the Xbox One experience."

[Harvey Eagle, Xbox UK Marketing Chief]

flip flopping like a US politician these days. anyone who has confidence in this company is delusional to the extreme level of religious fundamentalists.

right tell me which company is making money every quarter and which is losing money every quarter?

Not thanks to Xbox one.

in fact PS4 is very profitable for sony.The PC spin-off is the main cause of the losses(long-term this will be good though)

Arcturus said:
crissindahouse said:

this tweet pretty much tells how it is:

people rip on Nintendo for refusing to face reality and change course and rip on Microsoft for correcting their mistakes

That's a lazy tweet. Does he really think the people who rip on Nintendo for not changing are the EXACT same people who rip on Microsoft for correcting their mistakes?

You think there aren't many who complain about Microsoft and Nintendo for this exact thing? It shouldn't be too hard to find already some in this thread who "rip" on Nintendo and Microsoft for exactly this. 

It's obviously not the case for everyone but I think this tweet isn't meant to everyone but those. And "those" are a lot in gaming forums. 

kirby007 said:
mandatory =/= integral

stop taking quotes out of context

Anyway i envisioned the following september last year "after holidays 2014 new models/pricecuts( and or removal kinect from package)"

So its a bit sooner then expected.

integral

- necessary to make a whole complete; essential or fundamental.

- included as part of a whole rather than supplied separately.

- having all the parts that are necessary to be complete.

OttoniBastos said:
Azerth said:
DarkWraith said:
"[A Kinect-less Xbox One] is not in our plans at all," he stressed.

"As we've said from the very beginning, we believe Kinect is an absolutely integral part of the Xbox One experience."

[Harvey Eagle, Xbox UK Marketing Chief]

flip flopping like a US politician these days. anyone who has confidence in this company is delusional to the extreme level of religious fundamentalists.

right tell me which company is making money every quarter and which is losing money every quarter?

Not thanks to Xbox one.

in fact PS4 is very profitable for sony.The PC spin-off is the main cause of the losses(long-term this will be good though)

but unlike sony ms makes changes to get things back to making money its taken sony how many years to starting getting rid of the things that cost them money

Around the Network

Man the deals at Christmas time will be awesome now!

celador said:
Kinect 2 must be made available separately then. Wonder how much they'll charge for it

$100 is my guess. 

So basically they are 100% just like Sony now. This is good. I can feel less screwed now.

sully1311 said:
April and May NPDs are going to awful but June onwards will be very very good for MS. They definitely have US & UK in the bag now.

Based on what?  X1 was supposed to have US in the bag already becuase of Titanfall.  It's now the same price as the PS4, but less powerful and without it's defining feature.  Sales will increase, but to say that those territories are 'in the bag' is ridiculous.

XBox One just won back America with this, and overall the playing field will be much closer. Any dreams of PS4 domination is over, Xbox is back in this, although I don't think they'll outsell the PS4, it will be much more competitive.