By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox ONE $399 (Kinectless) GOLD services confirmed Lots of info inside.

Shortiloe said:
lawl, Launch-buyers are fucked and I guess very pissed, if that happens.

Yeah, this would irritate me a bit.  I have a day 1 edition and don't have my kinect hooked up.  As soon as [if] this is confirmed my kinect is going on ebay.

Between selling my kinect and day 1 box i should be able to make back half my money!

Around the Network
sully1311 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Hmm, it's still a little vague. Technically the current service is subscription based, it just allows games to be kept once the subscription expires. But it does sound like it could be a PS+ type service. If it is, and Microsoft is indeed moving away from a reward program to a rental service, then the games should get better, if only to compete with Sony.

Xbox One Games with Gold is exactly like PS+. 360 stays the same. (Read small print at bottom)

[snip]

Oh! I totally missed that. Thanks for pointing it out :)

Well, the games should get better and newer. I still prefer to own the games, but if the selection is great I'll gladly go with rentals.

celador said:
sully1311 said:
April and May NPDs are going to awful but June onwards will be very very good for MS. They definitely have US & UK in the bag now.

Based on what?  X1 was supposed to have US in the bag already becuase of Titanfall.  It's now the same price as the PS4, but less powerful and without it's defining feature.  Sales will increase, but to say that those territories are 'in the bag' is ridiculous.

My thought of thinking.

Azerth said:
OttoniBastos said:
Azerth said:
DarkWraith said:
"[A Kinect-less Xbox One] is not in our plans at all," he stressed.

"As we've said from the very beginning, we believe Kinect is an absolutely integral part of the Xbox One experience."

[Harvey Eagle, Xbox UK Marketing Chief]

flip flopping like a US politician these days. anyone who has confidence in this company is delusional to the extreme level of religious fundamentalists.

right tell me which company is making money every quarter and which is losing money every quarter?

Not thanks to Xbox one.

in fact PS4 is very profitable for sony.The PC spin-off is the main cause of the losses(long-term this will be good though)

but unlike sony ms makes changes to get things back to making money its taken sony how many years to starting getting rid of the things that cost them money

Do you realize this kinect-less bundle + pricecut will not be a profitable move to MS right?! Specially after the money they spent with Tintanfall(free) bundle.Xbox one is burning money right now.(like PS3 did back 2007)

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Exactly. LOL

Around the Network

That's one down. Now i just have to wait for a remodel and i'll pick one up.

Gonna be honest, I wasn't expecting Microsoft to make this move for at least another year; I figured they would start with a big price cut and then see how the X1 did over the coming year before deciding whether or not to drop the Kinect. That being said, I'm not overly shocked that Phil & Co. decided to bite the bullet early. They're serious about gaining momentum at E3, and if they've already decided that the Kinect will have to be dropped at some point, then it makes sense to have the $399 version ready to go on the same day that they announce a bunch of games.

Tbh this kinda sucks.

PS4 and Xbox 1 are practically the same god damn console, one just has Halo and the other Gran Turismo. Like, yikes.

Madword said:
HoloDust said:
This will most likely help quite a bit, but, IMO, it's still $50 too much.

Yeah this. I really think as people know the XBO is not as powerful, I think it has to be £50 cheaper to make a big difference.

I imagine in NA and UK the XBO could be the more popular choice now even with the same pricing as the PS4, because the 360 gained such a great following there.

The rest of the world probably needs an extra incentive with a lower price point than the competition though.

jlmurph2 said:
Im preparing for people who said MS needs to ditch the Kinect to bash them for making a Kinect-less bundle.

It is a great piece of technology but there's just no software besides the Xbox One UI and apps. Good to know they realized that

I'm preparing for people who bashed PS+ games being tied to a subscription all of a sudden love XBox Live Gold titles no longer being permanently owned and working exactly the way they do with PS+.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!