By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox ONE $399 (Kinectless) GOLD services confirmed Lots of info inside.

kowenicki said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Francis doesn't like this change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxIv7CWoV-I

...and if you watch his recent real video (not the character video) you will see what he REALLY thinks.  I recommend it.  You wont like it though, so probably best to avoid it.

He also REALLY thinks Playstation is better then Xbox if you watch all his videos..

Around the Network
Arkaign said:

You can be damned sure Sony would have undercut Microsoft during the worst PS3 years if they hadn't had such insane BoM costs.

And yes, XB1 should be $349 with a game to jump-start competition. $449 with both Kinect and a free AAA game wasn't enough to get things going, what makes people think $399 with no kinect and no game is going to be earth-shattering? It gets even worse when you consider that for many months towards the end of the year, it's nothing but multiplats which will be better on PS4. Rinse/repeat.

Still, Phil shows he has actual balls and ears, so I wouldn't rule out MEGATON news in November unless the NPDs really turn around dramatically. $299 with a game! That would blow people's actual minds.

MS is not looking to go into the red to jumpstart competition.  If you go by all of their moves so far, its clear that the Xbox division needs to turn a profit and be self suficient.   399 with no games isn't earth shattering, thats why its not the big reveal at E3.  Instead its a move to get those people off the fence where Kinect was holding them back.  MS is looking to gain momentun and solid sells, not trying to put themselves in the red if possible.

If better resolution for games was such a big issue, we would not even have this conversation about the X1 or PS4.  The PC wold rule them all.  There is a lot more that goes into people buying process and higher resolutions is probably low on that scale.  Anyway time will tell how things turn out.

It's a shame that PS4 did everything good from the start, and nobody appreciates it.

Microsoft patches stuff, and everybody loses their minds.

If you were on the fence, I don't see this helping much.

I mean... For $450 you could have gotten the $400 solo xbox they'll be selling, a $60 Titanfall or Forza, and a probably soon to retail $100+ kinect. Buying them separately would have been close to $600. So for $50 bucks extra you would have gotten a huge amount of value.

Unless the $400 solo Xbox One comes with a game off the bat, I don't think sales will improve very much. If it was $350, that'd be a different story.

TheDrill said:
It's a shame that PS4 did everything good from the start, and nobody appreciates it.

Microsoft patches stuff, and everybody loses their minds.

so its a shame  ps4 have shitty exc games while xbox has superior ones like dead rising killer instinct forza titanfall ryse and  while sony only release infamous which is shitty soulles graphical showcase?

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network

Being forced to buy the kinect was the only thing ensuring I wouldn't buy the X1, and now my only issue has been addressed. I'll get the X1 when the new Gears of War comes out, hopefully they do a Gears bundle. Unless it comes out for PC (which I doubt it will.)