By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox ONE $399 (Kinectless) GOLD services confirmed Lots of info inside.

May be too late. At $400, there's a PS4 in-stock that offers better performance, more games, and a more generous subscription service.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

About time, but it may be to little to late.

They should add a 1tb drive to it to one up PS4.

I don't understand how anyone can complain about this?
- Great news for consumers, now they have a choice
- Great news for Microsoft, they have shed their albatross
- Great news for all gamers, competition is heating up.

Now that the playing field is even, we will let games, services and brand recognition decide.
Microsoft fans get a choice for Kinect, get more free games and liberated apps.
Sony now has to step up its game and give their fans something to be happy about.

By the way, I think this move is great all around.

No more paywall for apps like Netflix. No more forced Kinect. Save $100. PS+ style for games means you get newer titles.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Im preparing for people who said MS needs to ditch the Kinect to bash them for making a Kinect-less bundle.

It is a great piece of technology but there's just no software besides the Xbox One UI and apps. Good to know they realized that

I'm preparing for people who bashed PS+ games being tied to a subscription all of a sudden love XBox Live Gold titles no longer being permanently owned and working exactly the way they do with PS+.

I'm preparing for people to stop making these really bloody annoying posts expecting everyone to do u turns to save face.

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:
Azerth said:

but unlike sony ms makes changes to get things back to making money its taken sony how many years to starting getting rid of the things that cost them money

Do you realize this kinect-less bundle + pricecut will not be a profitable move to MS right?! Specially after the money they spent with Tintanfall(free) bundle.Xbox one is burning money right now.(like PS3 did back 2007)

Except 360 hardware, software, and LIVE revenue (Gold/marketplace) pad those losses. PS2 in 2007 was sold at what....$99 with no online marketplace or subscription service to help Sony. 360 is still sold at $199 and $299.

Nice try, but you are exaggerating. The irony is heavy, considering Sonys Q4 statement is due tomorrow and it don't look pretty.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Good news about the Kinect less Sku, hopefully it will become a lot more competitive now.

Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Im preparing for people who said MS needs to ditch the Kinect to bash them for making a Kinect-less bundle.

It is a great piece of technology but there's just no software besides the Xbox One UI and apps. Good to know they realized that

I'm preparing for people who bashed PS+ games being tied to a subscription all of a sudden love XBox Live Gold titles no longer being permanently owned and working exactly the way they do with PS+.

Except 360 Games With Gold isn't changing at all. 

People already knew this would happen on Xbox One since the games would be newer. (less than a year old)

cant wait to see what they have to show at e3 with them announcing this now

sales2099 said:
I mean let's just take a moment to take this all in: 4........FOUR major cons of the X1 have been addressed.

Price gap, kinect mandatory bundle, no games for gold, apps locked behind gold paywall.

I am VERY surprised to see some people weave this into negative news. Why? Because it makes the company you hate actually be a threat to your favourite company? I don't get it. MS is really showing they are listening, I mean really listening. I thought this would happen next year, but this soon tells me they want the bad word of mouth stopping and right now.

Good on them. Truly. Competition truly brings out the best in everybody.

Damned if you do and your damned if you don't.

Fortunately it's only a few bitter forum users who will try and spin this as a negative. So many people have been waiting for this.