By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox ONE $399 (Kinectless) GOLD services confirmed Lots of info inside.

sales2099 said:
OttoniBastos said:
Azerth said:

but unlike sony ms makes changes to get things back to making money its taken sony how many years to starting getting rid of the things that cost them money

Do you realize this kinect-less bundle + pricecut will not be a profitable move to MS right?! Specially after the money they spent with Tintanfall(free) bundle.Xbox one is burning money right now.(like PS3 did back 2007)

Except 360 hardware, software, and LIVE revenue (Gold/marketplace) pad those losses. PS2 in 2007 was sold at what....$99 with no online marketplace or subscription service to help Sony. 360 is still sold at $199 and $299.

Nice try, but you are exaggerating. The irony is heavy, considering Sonys Q4 statement is due tomorrow and it don't look pretty.

And is it PS4's fault? I never said Sony was in a good situation but think Xbox one is in a better situation than playstation 4 like @azerth implied is too much fanboyism even for a guy who uses a halo avatar like you.

BTW by your logic whatever profit X360 had was to paid OG xbox losses. :P

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:

Except 360 Games With Gold isn't changing at all. 

People already knew this would happen on Xbox One since the games would be newer. (less than a year old)

Not worried about 360. XBox One is the console for MS moving forward and that will have a PS+ style sub, which is fantastic. You will see just how quickly your backlog is going to grow.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

That's good news....see what competition does?
Now let's see what will Sony try to get the upper hand again.
(Imagine how different things could be if Microsoft went with this from the begging.)
Now there is Nooooo difference between these two consoles.
Only the exclusives.

sooner than expected but welcome changes non-the-less.

really looking forward to seeing how this affects sales. xbox might have removed the last of their negatives but public perception can be a bitch. ps4 has soo much momentum right now it will be interesting to see if making xbone the same as ps4 is enough to change its fortunes.

gooch_destroyer said:
celador said:
Kinect 2 must be made available separately then. Wonder how much they'll charge for it

$100 is my guess. 

Uh, no.  It will be at least 150.  Just like the first kinect...  

Around the Network
Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Im preparing for people who said MS needs to ditch the Kinect to bash them for making a Kinect-less bundle.

It is a great piece of technology but there's just no software besides the Xbox One UI and apps. Good to know they realized that

I'm preparing for people who bashed PS+ games being tied to a subscription all of a sudden love XBox Live Gold titles no longer being permanently owned and working exactly the way they do with PS+.

I'm preparing for people to stop making these really bloody annoying posts expecting everyone to do u turns to save face.

So what you're saying is that you are preparing for something that will never come to pass?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Turkish said:
If only Phil Spencer was Xbox boss a year earlier!

More like 5 years earlier... The don mattrick years were terrible...

Xbox one will be cheaper than PS4 in Canada?

sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Exactly. LOL

So its a better deal now since Titanfall is so awesome!

Consoles still less powerful, but I am enjoy the Xbox One more for now. That should change when Sonys first party gets better. Kudos to MS for following Sony. Its much better for gamers.

OttoniBastos said:
sales2099 said:

Except 360 hardware, software, and LIVE revenue (Gold/marketplace) pad those losses. PS2 in 2007 was sold at what....$99 with no online marketplace or subscription service to help Sony. 360 is still sold at $199 and $299.

Nice try, but you are exaggerating. The irony is heavy, considering Sonys Q4 statement is due tomorrow and it don't look pretty.

And is it PS4's fault? I never said Sony was in a good situation but think Xbox one is in a better situation than playstation 4 like @azerth implied is too much fanboyism even for a guy who uses a halo avatar like you.

BTW by your logic whatever profit X360 had was to paid OG xbox losses. :P

Don't care if it is PS4's fault.....by principle, any Sony fan cannot talk about Xbox losses. Just drips of irony lol. Delecious irony.

We talking about OG Xbox now? PS3 burned though all PS2 profits....that isn't what we are talking about. 360 profit since 2008-2013 isn't changing. What I am saying is that since the X1 launch, the Xbox division is still profiting because 360 and X1 combined are profitable.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.