By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox ONE $399 (Kinectless) GOLD services confirmed Lots of info inside.

Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Except 360 Games With Gold isn't changing at all. 

People already knew this would happen on Xbox One since the games would be newer. (less than a year old)

Not worried about 360. XBox One is the console for MS moving forward and that will have a PS+ style sub, which is fantastic. You will see just how quickly your backlog is going to grow.

Actually unless they throw in some AAA game then I wont be getting any GWG games anytime soon. I need to stop buying all these digital games.

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:

Xbox one will be cheaper than PS4 in Canada?

Potentially. Or they may decide to set the Kinect-less SKU at $450 to align with the PS4.

NobleTeam360 said:
Zekkyou said:

*shrugs* Personally i believe a 50% higher GPU peak, considerable faster RAM and being more geared towards GPGPU is a fair amount more than "slight".

But hey ho, whatever rocks your boat ^^

As much as I love throwing out numbers let's see those numbers translate to actual graphic capability. If resolution continues to be the only advantage of 50% higher GPU peak and GDDR5 RAM then meh. 

The 3rd party resolution difference should disappear (or at the very least decrease) over time. That has mostly been caused by developers struggling with the esram rather than the actual power difference of the two.

Like with the PS3 and 360, developers have no incentive to push their games further than what the weaker can produce. They don't gain anything from proving better assets to one simply because it's stronger. PC ports may be an exception on occasion, but i imagine most developers will choose better stability over increased assets (such as TR). In that sense you could say the X1 is the PS4's bottle neck

As with the PS3, it's their 1st party that will utilize that extra strength the most over the years. For now i don't expect we will see any huge difference (neither are close to being maxed out), but as the years go by the difference will become more prominent. More so than with the PS3 that's for sure.

Personally i'm looking forward to seeing what developers like ND and SSM can do with the GPGPU capabilities in a few years :D That stuff is really cool.

Finally! This is awesome news! Sales must have gotten quite bad to force them to drop the kinect so quickly. I expect a further price drop by November.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Probably a smart move, but not one I expected. It'll be interesting to see the sales impact in the long run.

Around the Network

Anyone who thinks the Xone will outsell the PS4 in the US as badly as the 360 did the PS3 is also delusional. The XBone One WILL win America, but not at the pace the 360 did.

Of course this is all under the assumption the PS4 doesn't get a pricecut at E3.

It`s a bold move for MS.
It might please those who wanted it at 399, but surely not those whose only option was to buy at 499 with Kinect, just 6 months ago.

I wonder if MS will eventually compensate those consumers in some way.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:

So its a better deal now since Titanfall is so awesome!

Consoles still less powerful, but I am enjoy the Xbox One more for now. That should change when Sonys first party gets better. Kudos to MS for following Sony. Its much better for gamers.

Yes Stage....the dreaded "lack of support in the later years" curse. Hopefully this is a sign of change that MS will prepare for the future as well. Glad to hear that you recognize their efforts in the short term is at least working.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

A necessary decision. Glad to see them listening to consumer feedback.

I honestly don't understand why Xbone fans are happy about this, Kinect will be virtually useless now outside of multimedia features. I had hopes that a dev could make good use of it somehow and games, that hope is now gone, Kinect is just an over-glorified PSEYE at this rate, and it sucks.