By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 17, 2014 (Apr 21 - Apr 27)

Very strong FW for SAO, I always believed it would surpass 100k but not near 150k or even more with digitals, and it just smashes that 150 LTD target to the wall.
TFFCC did well, but below my expectations, good for them the bundle helped 3DS to keep the throne this week, next week every platform should be up.
MH Frontier flopped hard, just DIE CAPCOM you and your pathetic greed for money.

Around the Network
BaldrSkies said:
ktay95 said:

On the plus side, we all came in with low expectations and now Im crazy happy to see SAO's numbers after I predicted just 90k opening =D

And that doesn't even count digital sales, which were quite healthy due to the PSN bonuses :)

May I ask you what kind of bonuses? I just know it won't be any price reduction for the game, it just got launched. Or is it related to some pre-golden week event ?

SnowPrince said:

May I ask you what kind of bonuses? I just know it won't be any price reduction for the game, it just got launched. Or is it related to some pre-golden week event ?

Some costumes plus an entry into a raffle to win some figurines and such.

sundin13 said:
celador said:

Why?

Golden Week ^.^

I'm assuming that is Japan's version of Black Friday.  Are we talking about the same kind of boosts, in the 100%s?

SnowPrince said:
Very strong FW for SAO, I always believed it would surpass 100k but not near 150k or even more with digitals, and it just smashes that 150 LTD target to the wall.
TFFCC did well, but below my expectations, good for them the bundle helped 3DS to keep the throne this week, next week every platform should be up.
MH Frontier flopped hard, just DIE CAPCOM you and your pathetic greed for money.

What were your expectations for the game?  At least according to VGChartz's data, this is how the sales of the original looks like

PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
1 Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy 3DS 2012 Misc Square Enix 0.19 0.06 0.18 0.02 0.45

Around the Network
ImmortalHelixFossil said:
GamechaserBE said:
wolfofthepack said:
r there any big or well known Japanese games coming out for the ps4 anytime soon?

At this point their is not even a releasedate for the next japanese ps4 game... Hope i missed something..

On may 1st Child of Light is coming for the PS3 and PS4. Infamous SS is coming May 22nd for the PS4 and Trial Fusion is coming the 29th for the PS4. But yeah you're right, no system sellers :/

well child of light is on other systems so just infamous and trial i hope sony watches this and dont let the ps4 go like wii u

Maybe this Week 3DS have outsell PS4 WW!
PS4 last week= 127.000
3DS last week= 105.000
...If 3DS have sold 21.000 in Japan, and this Week 34.000, have sold 13.000 of more, and was also increased even in the NA and EU... While PS4 has declined in all territories.

celador said:
sundin13 said:
celador said:

Why?

Golden Week ^.^

I'm assuming that is Japan's version of Black Friday.  Are we talking about the same kind of boosts, in the 100%s?

Its basically a series of holidays within the span of a week. I think boosts are usually 20-30% so not huge but certainly noticable

badgenome said:
SnowPrince said:

Some costumes plus an entry into a raffle to win some figurines and such.

After-bath suit for Asuna ?? 1M digital sales confirmed.

It is actually a good move to stimulate PSN sales, make people try going for digital versions.

MDMAlliance said:
SnowPrince said:

What were your expectations for the game?  At least according to VGChartz's data, this is how the sales of the original looks like

PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
1 Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy 3DS 2012 Misc Square Enix 0.19 0.06 0.18 0.02 0.45

I just checked and it made a bigger FW than the previous entry, I don't know why but I thought the game had 100k+ FW. I wish it will have better legs.