By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 estimated to sell 17 million & XB1 10 million by the end of 2014

April/May.
April should be a good indicator of how well the consoles do without major releases. That alone should be sufficient.
May will give us information of how well next gen will do in the summer.
With both of these months,we should be able to decrease our error by at least 1 order of magnitude, which should be more than enough considering we are predicting console sales here.
Until then, front-loading is a viable, if equal unsubstantiated counterpoint, since it also depends on how well these consoles do in the coming months.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

10 million for the X1? It shipped 1.2 million for the entire quarter, I don't see it shipping another 5 million this year let alone selling them. 17 million PS4, 8 million X1 is my guess

BenVTrigger said:

Both are currently in free fall.

Prepare for an ungodly bad summer. Both need big exclusive games ASAP

Madden 15 will give a good "summer" boost to the new HW.  usually in the game's 2nd installment of the generation is when people make the jump.

BeElite said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Not sure how valid the 17M prediction will be.

At full steam, it's reported that Sony can only make 1M a month. So if Sony continue to make consoles at full steam and sell every single console then they could hit 17M.

The trouble is that, if not already, Sony will slow down production in the quiet parts of the year. That is of course they decide to stock pile millions of consoles that would cost money to store. It would also be a very risky move because, even though the PS4 is selling well now, there could be chance that they will have millions of consoles stored away unsold for months. That could be disastrous and very money consuming.

That makes no sense at all seeing how by their own words heathly supply of PS4 world wide wont be achived till summer.  So they will never have a reason to slow down this year.   

You mean the statement about demand not being met til summer? They could slow down after the demand is met or continue to make them and flood the channels and/or stock pile them ready for christmas and the months leading to it. This doesn't change what I said in the first statement.

BenVTrigger said:
BeElite said:

post em

How does no sound?

Aprils gonna be a bit of an eye opener for people. Unless NPD decides to do some major adjustments prepare for a large drop off for both X1 and PS4.

Anyone thinking PS4 could keep the momentum it had are sadly mistaken. And X1 is dead.

It's pretty obvious that both will fall down in April. Demand no longer exceeds supply for the PS4 and the PS4 did not have any huge AAA games this month. I am really surprised to hear you to say that the X1 is dead. Is that actually not a hyperbole?

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
BenVTrigger said:

How does no sound?

Aprils gonna be a bit of an eye opener for people. Unless NPD decides to do some major adjustments prepare for a large drop off for both X1 and PS4.

Anyone thinking PS4 could keep the momentum it had are sadly mistaken. And X1 is dead.

It's pretty obvious that both will fall down in April. Demand no longer exceeds supply for the PS4 and the PS4 did not have any huge AAA games this month. I am really surprised to hear you to say that the X1 is dead. Is that actually not a hyperbole?

I may be being a tad harsh, but its nowhere near where it should be imo.

BenVTrigger said:
Aura7541 said:
BenVTrigger said:

How does no sound?

I may be being a tad harsh, but its nowhere near where it should be imo.

What you thinking? January NPD for X1?

I'd previously gone for an outrageous punt and said over 20 million for the PS4, but I'll give a more realistic estimation here:

PS4: 18.5m
XB1: 12m

The PS5 Exists. 

BenVTrigger said:
BeElite said:

post em

How does no sound?

Coming from someeone close to sales that sounds ominous. I'm sure you don't mean that litterally though.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
I'd previously gone for an outrageous punt and said over 20 million for the PS4, but I'll give a more realistic estimation here:

PS4: 18.5m
XB1: 12m

Prediction for the X1 is too optimistic in my opinion. Its sales supposedly fell off a cliff in April and due to lacking games until the holidays, the X1 is going to have a brutal summer as BenV said.