By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 estimated to sell 17 million & XB1 10 million by the end of 2014

Nem said:
BeElite, that is something i believe you are right in, in particular in the US market. But in europe things are a bit different. Customers arent fooled as easily and they dont have as much disposible income.

Anyways, i guess we will have to wait and see. I think E3 will help us with the predictions of the hype meters.

Trust me im from there and this notion that Europe is smarter is bs, they like to think of them selfs as that but they are the same mindless sheep that bow to marketing as everywhere else.  Though they do seem more loyal to brands especially their own, never will Lexus caddy or any one have a hope in hell of dethroning BMW Audi or Benz in Germany for example.  But such notions lack effect in the consoles sales, though do MS no favors. 

Around the Network
BeElite said:
Nem said:
BeElite, that is something i believe you are right in, in particular in the US market. But in europe things are a bit different. Customers arent fooled as easily and they dont have as much disposible income.

Anyways, i guess we will have to wait and see. I think E3 will help us with the predictions of the hype meters.

Trust me im from there and this notion that Europe is smarter is bs, they like to think of them selfs as that but they are the same mindless sheep that bow to marketing as everywhere else.  Though they do seem more loyal to brands especially their own, never will Lexus caddy or any one have a hope in hell of dethroning BMW Audi or Benz in Germany for example.  But such notions lack effect in the consoles sales, though do MS no favors. 

That is the result of less disposable income. Europeans cant bet on every horse, they have to bet on the winning one. 

Nem said:
BeElite said:
Nem said:

That is the result of less disposable income. Europeans cant bet on every horse, they have to bet on the winning one. 

Dude theres broke as peoplel in Murica also, by the high tens of millions.  Now yes disposibale income is paramount in sales, the beauty of games if they offer an escape for those people from their own shitty lives.  Stuff that lets you escape your hardships is the last to be effecte by income, though nothing but crime and pussy is recession proof. 

Its not just they are betting on one to wn, its the stronger brand from a generally not hated source at a lesser cost with a more diverse line up that fits that cluster fuck of markets much better. 

Of course. And you were saying europeans arent smarter. :P

Nem said:

People all over are the same, everywhere a small % is more capable then the rest. 

Around the Network
BeElite said:
Nem said:

People all over are the same, everywhere a small % is more capable then the rest. 

I could make a case but it was meant as a joke. ;)

Nem said:
BeElite said:
Nem said:

I could make a case but it was meant as a joke. ;)

lol you just never know on forums. 

BeElite said:
tuscaniman99 said:

How does it sound like BS? PS4 has no games worth buying it for. It is not the next PS2 and never will be. X1 is still $499. Even including Titanfall it still says $499 on the sticker. Nobody is dropping 500 bucks over the summer with no games. Neither console is worth buying right now and won't be until the fall.

BS cause if hes got numbers should post them if not i call bs on it. 

PS4 has no games yet is the record fastest selling console... ever.  Ur right its not PS2, it surpassed even its sales at this time. 
Not arguing abut X1, have one and regret the hell out of it. 

It won't be long before PS4 falls behind the pace of PS2. It will not come close to selling what the PS2 sold.

tuscaniman99 said:
BeElite said:
tuscaniman99 said:

How does it sound like BS? PS4 has no games worth buying it for. It is not the next PS2 and never will be. X1 is still $499. Even including Titanfall it still says $499 on the sticker. Nobody is dropping 500 bucks over the summer with no games. Neither console is worth buying right now and won't be until the fall.

BS cause if hes got numbers should post them if not i call bs on it. 

PS4 has no games yet is the record fastest selling console... ever.  Ur right its not PS2, it surpassed even its sales at this time. 
Not arguing abut X1, have one and regret the hell out of it. 

It won't be long before PS4 falls behind the pace of PS2. It will not come close to selling what the PS2 sold.

Sounds familer.  Like the demand will die after xmas, jan will be slow then feb then march and so on. 

Nem said:

I do think those predictions are overly optimistic.

The PS4 is likely to sell another 6 to 8 million this year and the X1 another 2 to 3 millions at the current paces assuming a slow summer and better holidays. I really dont see where the optimistic numbers are coming from. It would require gigantic holiday sales, when both systems wont have more than one or two exclusives.

You say the predictions are overly optimistic yet your estimations are very close to the given range.

Current + Your estimates for the rest of the year

PS4 : 7.2 + 6 to 8 = 13.2 to 15.2  (the estimate is 15.3 to 17.5)

XB1 : 4.4 + 2 to 3 = 6.4 to 7.4 (the estimate is 8.1 to 10.5)

add them some Xmas boost, and you're right within the range! Again do not necessarily read it like the upper bound, on the contrary the lowerbound (15.3 for PS4 and 8.1 for XB1) is also as likely. Just pick whichever makes sense to you.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates