By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One isn't Number One, but that does not equal 'Doing Terribly.'

Agreed, just because they aren't in first, doesn't mean it's abysmal, just means it's being outperformed by something else. People just like to be hyperbolic.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
VitroBahllee said:

You seriously believe that the Xbox One isn't going to pass Wii U?

Oh, no. The Xbox One will easily outsell the Wii U.

What I was saying was that Xbox finished 2nd. Xbox 360 is going to finish 3rd. Xbox One is probably gonna sit in a comfortable 2nd place.

Edit -

Guys.

Guys. We are on VGChartz. If the OP wants to use VGC numbers then the OP can use VGC numbers. Get off his balls. Any user on VGChartz can use VGChartz numbers in a sales discussion.

Understood, however if there is strong and obvious evidence to show that the current numbers shown on the front page are incorrect, based on months worth of NPD data, then what exactly is the end game for this thread?

Do we now say people can't come in and completely disprove what the OP is trying to brush off as fact? If the proof is there then there is no wrong in them using it to argue against the OP.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Fusioncode said:

Is the XBO doing terribly? No. Is it performing to Microsoft's expectations? Probably not. This is the internet, people like to overexaggerate things. Some people overexaggerate the XBO's sales situation, others overexaggerate the PS4's games situation. Not much we can do about it given that this is the internet. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

VitroBahllee said:
chapset said:
When the ps3 was doing sub 100k at this point of it's lifetime it was doom so is the X1 it's the circle of life, also don't forget the X1 had plenty sub 70k and 80k weeks

I wasn't hanging around any VG forums in 2007 and if I had been I wouldn't have been ridiculing any consoles. Did Wii fans give a lot of crap to 360 owners at the time? I seriously doubt it. Even if they did: does that make it right/desirable/not ridiculous?

Back then the 360 and Wii fans united under the Wii60 banner to battle the Sony fans. It was an argument of "Why buy a PS3 when you can get a Wii60 for the same price?"

Coming into this gen we heard so much about how the US and UK were on "lockdown" for MS. This might be why Sony fans here celebrate that the PS4 is leading in both territories.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Fusioncode said:

Is the XBO doing terribly? No. Is it performing to Microsoft's expectations? Probably not. This is the internet, people like to overexaggerate things. Some people overexaggerate the XBO's sales situation, others overexaggerate the PS4's games situation. Not much we can do about it given that this is the internet. 

I do agree that it was unfortunate that months of constant ridicule caused me to break down and be rude in that instance. If it took months of constant insults to illicit a single rude comment about Xbox One, however, there would be no need for this thread.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Understood, however if there is strong and obvious evidence to show that the current numbers shown on the front page are incorrect, based on months worth of NPD data, then what exactly is the end game for this thread?

Do we now say people can't come in and completely disprove what the OP is trying to brush off as fact? If the proof is there then there is no wrong in them using it to argue against the OP.

If people want to bring up other trackers, sure. I have no problem with that. 

I dont like seeing people bashing VGC numbers without basis, though. As Vitro says, on a Weekly basis we have nothing from NPD. All we have is Monthly totals. We have no idea what stock levels are like, we have no idea if the PS4 takes a Month thanks to a single big shipment.

Shitting on VGC numbers just because simply aint cool. Vitro is clearly talking about Weekly numbers, and there is no doubt at all with what we have available that from time to time, the Xbox One has indeed outsold the PS4 in America since launch.

Euphoria14 said:
VitroBahllee said:
chapset said:
When the ps3 was doing sub 100k at this point of it's lifetime it was doom so is the X1 it's the circle of life, also don't forget the X1 had plenty sub 70k and 80k weeks

I wasn't hanging around any VG forums in 2007 and if I had been I wouldn't have been ridiculing any consoles. Did Wii fans give a lot of crap to 360 owners at the time? I seriously doubt it. Even if they did: does that make it right/desirable/not ridiculous?

Back then the 360 and Wii fans united under the Wii60 banner to battle the Sony fans. It was an argument of "Why buy a PS3 when you can get a Wii60 for the same price?"

Coming into this gen we heard so much about how the US and UK were on "lockdown" for MS. This might be why Sony fans here celebrate that the PS4 is leading in both territories.

Was this something you couldn't post on a video game forum without having stuffed down your throat, or was it just something that some people were saying? You can't post about Xbox One without your thread being derailed. Mention a new game, and brace yourself for an outpouring of 'da power of da cloud' idiocy.

VitroBahllee said:

(the Xbox One frequently sells more than PS4 in the NA region on a weekly basis).

False.

To be fair this year only the TF launch week.

Carl2291 said:

Look at it this way.

Week 1:

Console A - 60,000
Console B - 55,000

Week 2:

Console A - 60,000
Console B - 55,000

Week 3:

Console A - 60,000
Console B - 55,000

Week 4:

Console A - 55,000
Console B - 75,000

Month:

Console A - 235,000
Console B - 240,000

Console A "won" 3 out of 4 Weeks, despite losing overall for the Month. Obviously the numbers/ situation is different... But this is how something like that can make sense. Re-read what Vitro is saying. The Xbox One has won several Weeks, despite not "winning" overall. Its been a regular occurence since launch. Nobody is (or should be) surprised to see the Xbox One winning the odd Week in America.

Now try to make a example with 60k difference

ethomaz said:

VitroBahllee said:

(the Xbox One frequently sells more than PS4 in the NA region on a weekly basis).

False.

To be fair this year only the TF launch week.

It's listed as outselling PS4 for the current week that is displayed on the homepage - April 12th. As well as other times.