By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One isn't Number One, but that does not equal 'Doing Terribly.'

It's doing pretty good IMO.

Around the Network

I took a picture from the VGC numbers... can you see where Xbone "frequently sold more"?

nitekrawler1285 said:
When judged by Microsoft's own goals or that of retail Xbox One has failed miserably.

And which were those goals?

I took a picture from the VGC numbers... can you see where Xbone "frequently sold more"?

Euphoria14 said:

Maybe i'm a bit slow, but I don't get the reference here. Is this about me saying how MS and Nintendo fans did the "Wii60" thing?

If so then yes, all fans from all sides do these things. I was just answering his question about if Nintendo fans gave 360 owners crap, which they didn't.

Basically.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
The thing that amazes me the most is how many time I read this:

"XOne is doing far less than Microsoft expected", "Titanfall didn´t have the effect MS was hopping"... and so on.

Guys, we don´t know how much or how many Microsoft was expecting for the XOne to perform. Microsoft has a lot of smart guys working there, they are not idiots to belive a $100 more expencive hardware would sell better than the competition.

We don´t see that doom talk when looking at Windows Phone, where its position is far worst facing the Android 90% domination.

Did MS bundle their biggest game of possibly 2014 for free with the console? Well, then I guess it's not too farfetched to assume that MS couldn't have been perfectly happy with the X1s performance.

Did MS then even cut the price of said bundle about a week after its release? Then it also seems fair to say that Titanfall alone also didn't quite have the effect that MS was hoping for.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Euphoria14 said:

Maybe i'm a bit slow, but I don't get the reference here. Is this about me saying how MS and Nintendo fans did the "Wii60" thing?

If so then yes, all fans from all sides do these things. I was just answering his question about if Nintendo fans gave 360 owners crap, which they didn't.

Basically.

Okay, so ultimately we are in agreeance.

The quote in that picture is exactly why I take a backseat with just about everything this gen, as i've learned my lesson in the last 7 years.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Dark_Feanor said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
When judged by Microsoft's own goals or that of retail Xbox One has failed miserably.

And which were those goals?

Well, whatever the goals were, I'm sure they didn't include having over 700.000 unsold units collecting spiderwebs in warehouses, and they didn't include slowing produvlction after 5 months on the market.

I'm also sure plans didn't include giving away their most hyped and most expected game of the year for free, well not for free but even technically paying customers to take it off their hands.

Hankoney said:

Well, whatever the goals were, I'm sure they didn't include having over 700.000 unsold units collecting spiderwebs in warehouses, and they didn't include slowing produvlction after 5 months on the market.

I'm also sure plans didn't include giving away their most hyped and most expected game of the year for free, well not for free but even technically paying customers to take it off their hands.

Even so they lost again in US.

MS is very very happy.

Not to mention the lingering Sony bankruptcy hopefuls are remnants of that glorious age of the Sony hate bandwagon.

The fact that MS has basically been forgiven for E3 is an unusual but not unexpected amount of mercy.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank