By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One isn't Number One, but that does not equal 'Doing Terribly.'

VitroBahllee said:

It's listed as outselling PS4 for the current week that is displayed on the homepage - April 12th. As well as other times.

VGC January = All weeks won by PS4
VGC February = All weeks won by PS4
VGC March = One week won by Xbone (TF launch)

The April numbers are wrong and we know how it will turn out...

You can check yourself the numbers.

Even if you add the wrong April weeks... you have PS4 (14) vs Xbone (3).

14 x 3

Yeap... Xbone "frequently sells more" lol

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Understood, however if there is strong and obvious evidence to show that the current numbers shown on the front page are incorrect, based on months worth of NPD data, then what exactly is the end game for this thread?

Do we now say people can't come in and completely disprove what the OP is trying to brush off as fact? If the proof is there then there is no wrong in them using it to argue against the OP.

If people want to bring up other trackers, sure. I have no problem with that. 

I dont like seeing people bashing VGC numbers without basis, though. As Vitro says, on a Weekly basis we have nothing from NPD. All we have is Monthly totals. We have no idea what stock levels are like, we have no idea if the PS4 takes a Month thanks to a single big shipment.

Shitting on VGC numbers just because simply aint cool. Vitro is clearly talking about Weekly numbers, and there is no doubt at all with what we have available that from time to time, the Xbox One has indeed outsold the PS4 in America since launch.

Weekly for not, going by NPD #s of the last 3 months we can't exactly trust what is shown here. That is why these threads won't go anywhere.

If VGC continually shows XB1 winning weekly and then NPD shows PS4 won for the entire month then how does anyone determine which weeks it won or didn't actually win?

Personally I don't really care, but I easily understand the argument the non-believers are bringing to the table and I do find that they have basis.

Want it to stop? Then have ioi make changes or at the very least address the obvious issue.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

The thing that amazes me the most is how many time I read this:

"XOne is doing far less than Microsoft expected", "Titanfall didn´t have the effect MS was hopping"... and so on.

Guys, we don´t know how much or how many Microsoft was expecting for the XOne to perform. Microsoft has a lot of smart guys working there, they are not idiots to belive a $100 more expencive hardware would sell better than the competition.

We don´t see that doom talk when looking at Windows Phone, where its position is far worst facing the Android 90% domination.

Euphoria14 said:

Back then the 360 and Wii fans united under the Wii60 banner to battle the Sony fans. It was an argument of "Why buy a PS3 when you can get a Wii60 for the same price?"

Coming into this gen we heard so much about how the US and UK were on "lockdown" for MS. This might be why Sony fans here celebrate that the PS4 is leading in both territories.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

If anyone on here considers the PS3 a success... Then they likely will have to consider the Xbox One a success.. The PS3 sold anywhere between 50-70 million LESS then the PS2 did.. Around 45% LESS then the PS2. Out of the gate the Xbox One is around 40-50% HIGHER in sales then the Xbox 360... Lets say that the Xbox One hits 50-60 million.. That would be LESS then 40% decrease in share.,

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
The thing that amazes me the most is how many time I read this:

"XOne is doing far less than Microsoft expected", "Titanfall didn´t have the effect MS was hopping"... and so on.

Guys, we don´t know how much or how many Microsoft was expecting for the XOne to perform. Microsoft has a lot of smart guys working there, they are not idiots to belive a $100 more expencive hardware would sell better than the competition.

We don´t see that doom talk when looking at Windows Phone, where its position is far worst facing the Android 90% domination.

But we do see it when its Vita vs 3DS.

In Droves, Fucking Droves.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

VitroBahllee said:
Euphoria14 said:

Back then the 360 and Wii fans united under the Wii60 banner to battle the Sony fans. It was an argument of "Why buy a PS3 when you can get a Wii60 for the same price?"

Coming into this gen we heard so much about how the US and UK were on "lockdown" for MS. This might be why Sony fans here celebrate that the PS4 is leading in both territories.

Was this something you couldn't post on a video game forum without having stuffed down your throat, or was it just something that some people were saying? You can't post about Xbox One without your thread being derailed. Mention a new game, and brace yourself for an outpouring of 'da power of da cloud' idiocy.

You have it easy, believe it or not. PS3 fans had it much much worse back in 2006-2008. Every thread was about PS4 being discontinued, Sony going out of business, "PS fans being the Rush Limbaugh of gaming" (Actual article), jounalists talking about PS fans needed anti-depressants in their video, etc...

It was a bad time to be a PS gamer then.

Be glad the gaming articles talk about the console and not shit talking you all as a fanbase.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

When judged by Microsoft's own goals or that of retail Xbox One has failed miserably.

VitroBahllee said:

Was this something you couldn't post on a video game forum without having stuffed down your throat, or was it just something that some people were saying? You can't post about Xbox One without your thread being derailed. Mention a new game, and brace yourself for an outpouring of 'da power of da cloud' idiocy.

PS3 hate vs XO hate is not even comparable.

Search "dissapointment timeline" on Bing and Google.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Euphoria14 said:

Maybe i'm a bit slow, but I don't get the reference here. Is this about me saying how MS and Nintendo fans did the "Wii60" thing?

If so then yes, all fans from all sides do these things. I was just answering his question about if Nintendo fans gave 360 owners crap, which they didn't.

Currently playing: